Chanel Pennsylvania

__emmceee

Oct 9, 2016
I am from Toronto, and will be going to the USA during the summer for some shopping. I will be going to Woodbury Commons in NY, and debating on swinging into PA. I see that there are two Chanel's in PA, one in NM and the other in SAKS. Does anyone know what the sales tax is in PA on Chanel bags? I know major items are tax free, but I wanted to make sure this applies to Chanel bags as well, before making the trip out.

I know that I would also be very close to Manhattan, and am also considering going there to look as well.

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

I would call the stores in PA to double check, but from my experience, handbags are never exempted (in a clothing exemption state unless the state has no sales tax at all). If you want to avoid tax, my suggestion would be try to stay a day or two in PA and have stores with no presence in PA send your purchases there (i.e. Jeffrey, Chanel, Hirsh, Bergdorf).

I would call the stores in PA to double check, but from my experience, handbags are never exempted (in a clothing exemption state unless the state has no sales tax at all). If you want to avoid tax, my suggestion would be try to stay a day or two in PA and have stores with no presence in PA send your purchases there (i.e. Jeffrey, Chanel, Hirsh, Bergdorf).

Oo I do have a relative that lives in PA, so I may pursue your suggestion. I was not aware it would be tax free if I had it send to another state. Thank you :biggrin: