Chanel pearl necklace or boy WOC?

Dec 24, 2012
408A02F4-711F-4B41-8063-59F271535B1B.png 9EB0349C-2E2A-4703-85C0-F0E9675FCF10.png Hi,
I received an amount of money as a gift and would like to get something “nice” from Chanel . I am interested in this pearl necklace or this WOC. I know the pearls are not real, but I like the look of Chanel necklaces and would like a small collection of their costume jewelry. I don’t currently own any of their costume jewelry. As for the WOC, I own two seasonal Chanel bags, and would like to have a WOC too. Basically i like both, and don’t own something similar to either. I may get both eventually but now I want to get one only. Is the material of the WOC delicate? Is the chain long? I couldn’t tell. Are the pearls good quality costume jewelry? I don’t plan to use them for heavy daily use. Thanks

Reactions: SpoiledPersian
For me, if I spend my own money, I would spend on something which really worth it. So I will choose the pearl necklace as the gift. As I like the pearl necklace as well but I would be very happy to receive it as a gift but not spending my own money to buy it. I wouldn't want to spend money on fake pearls. I know we are talking about the design and it is Chanel! But still I think their costume jewelry is overpriced now. It used to be much more affordable. And it was the initial concept of Chanel's costume jewelry. Things changed though.

Last edited:
Agree with the above poster. Chanel pearls are fake. If you like pearls, get real ones. If you like Chanel, get a bag. A bag is classic Chanel.

When I see Chanel costume jewelry, I think fake or all that person wants to do is buy the Chanel logo vs buying a real strand of pearls.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps.

I say bag of some type, I think most bags will be better than faux pearl necklace. The bag you posted is pretty, it says "clutch with chain" so I think this isn't WOC but rather a small clutch with a short chain, I'd read the details it'll probably have strap drop length. Probably just an open pouch inside, I don't think it has card slots like the true WOC, you might want to look a little more if you want WOC with long strap, although the price might be different too!

I love the necklace it’s absolutely beautiful, I’d love to have a long Chanel multi strand necklace myself too as they are so classic and can elevate an outfit so well.

I’m not mad keen on that particular woc, like @DreamingBeauty said I think it’s a fair bit smaller than a woc, I have seen these and they are more shallow. I haven’t personally looked at what they are like inside. I mostly wouldn’t chose that because I’m not a fan of the boy style, but would happily buy a different Woc.

What speaks to you more the jewellery or the purse? So far I haven’t had any Chanel jewellery so cannot speak for the quality but the necklace would certainly be a statement piece. Are you looking for a statement piece or something you want to use more regularly?

When I started with chanel I bought the bags only. No surprise to many of you I’m sure who also said you would be SO happy and satisfied if you can just get one chanel bag. Then you quickly realized or in my case, remembered, that you are a pathetic liar :roflmfao:

I thought for a hot minute like many expressed here in how impractical it is to buy “fake” chanel jewelry vs. “real” jewelry :giggle:
What is “real” anyway? It’s just another perception of “value”. Common and majority for sure, but it’s as “real” as any. Like art. It’s oil paint on canvas or it’s millions.

Then quickly I realized how silly I was trying to reason with myself on what “practical” chanel item I “should” be buying. So I remembered that I don’t buy chanel because their stuff is the most “practical” or because they are “steal” (ok maybe in RTW since I just got a great chanel leather skirt for $200, but so not the point hahahah). I don’t buy them because I need them to survive. I buy them because and only when I can afford to without going beyond my means (eg semi-responsibly - because let’s face it, it’s not exactly ever responsible:P ). So in that case, I better darn enjoy it if I’m paying that kind of price!

Like “the matrix”, if you love it, just take the RED pill, and join us in the rabbit hole. Live dangerously :lol:
5858E96D-2776-46F8-B2D0-1AD2C00F52EE.jpeg

Last edited:
I think that pearl necklace is gorgeous and very Chanel - I think it has much more of an impact and is a statement piece than a WOC.

Agreed. The pearl necklace is so very Chanel even before seeing the CC logo. It's a fabulous piece that I would buy given the chance.

Like “the matrix”, if you love it, just take the RED pill, and join us in the rabbit hole. Live dangerously :lol:
View attachment 3969897

Haha, you always give the best advice! Btw, I'm dying over the fuschia balloon animal brooch! It's Chanel? Do you happen to have the code? I'm a Koon's fan and NEED that one! :loveeyes:

I love the necklace it’s absolutely beautiful, I’d love to have a long Chanel multi strand necklace myself too as they are so classic and can elevate an outfit so well.

I’m not mad keen on that particular woc, like @DreamingBeauty said I think it’s a fair bit smaller than a woc, I have seen these and they are more shallow. I haven’t personally looked at what they are like inside. I mostly wouldn’t chose that because I’m not a fan of the boy style, but would happily buy a different Woc.

What speaks to you more the jewellery or the purse? So far I haven’t had any Chanel jewellery so cannot speak for the quality but the necklace would certainly be a statement piece. Are you looking for a statement piece or something you want to use more regularly?
I like both but can’t make a decision. I really like Chanel necklaces I must admit the name has something to do with it, but the I also love the “look”. I always hesitate because of the fact that they are costume jewelry that cost as much as real jewelry. I would like a very small collection of their costume jewelry, maybe less than 10 items. I usually don’t wear daily jewelry, but love statement pieces when I go out!

Last edited:
Reactions: Law
Agreed. The pearl necklace is so very Chanel even before seeing the CC logo. It's a fabulous piece that I would buy given the chance.

Haha, you always give the best advice! Btw, I'm dying over the fuschia balloon animal brooch! It's Chanel? Do you happen to have the code? I'm a Koon's fan and NEED that one! :loveeyes:
It’s Kate spade balloon unicorn but I think it’s out of stock since it was from a little while back. Call Kate spade customer service and see maybe they have in stock somewhere random and can ship? You might be able to search and find in resale sites if you keep looking periodically? Good luck!