Chanel patent small leather goods - worth it?

vagabag

O.G.
Dec 31, 2006
I'm really tempted by a couple of patent SLGs. I saw a cute patent key case and am also drawn to the patent camellia wallet but am fearful of their durability. I have the LV vernis wallet which has held up surprisingly well but I don't know if Chanel patent is the same. Although I don't abuse my goods, I also don't want to have to obsess about damaging them either. With my wallets, I usually toss them in my bags and go. They brush up against my keys, my cosmetic pouch, tube of hand lotion, camera, and a few other misc items and I have on occasion accidentally dropped my wallets on the ground and they have all held up fine. So, given all that, do you think a patent Chanel wallet is a good option? Same goes for the patent key holder - do you think it will last a long time or will it wear down quickly? Oh, and I do know that a lot of Chanel lovers go with LV SLGs. I actually have an LV mono wallet and key holder but am finding the Chanel patent so pretty so I am tempted. Need some opinions if I should stay away. Thank you! Here's a pic of the key case:

http://www.chanel.com/fashion/7-qui...-quilted-patent-calfskin-key-holder--3,1,4,29

I love my new Chanel patent Camellia wallet & I also noticed that most people have LV slg's but I was looking at the Sarah wallet in Vernis Pomme or the Chanel but I was told by the LV SA to be careful with Vernis so I don't think the Chanel patent is anymore delicate than LV vernis, I own a mono LV wallet which is very old but still in really good condition, I do think Mono & Damier is very hard wearing but if you really love the Chanel SLG's you should get what you love.

Sigh. I have a gorgeous hot pink patent Chanel wallet. The problem with patent is that you have to worry about permanent pen marks, and well, mine has an inch long pen mark on the front (it's not SO dark but it bothers me). Since then, I can't use that wallet anymore.

Unfortunately, stains and marks on patent are permanent. Trust me, I've tried looking up every possible way to take out a stain on patent. The way the coating works, it's just impossible.

I would suggest that if you do get a patent wallet, make it patent black or a very dark color.

I'm really tempted by a couple of patent SLGs. I saw a cute patent key case and am also drawn to the patent camellia wallet but am fearful of their durability. I have the LV vernis wallet which has held up surprisingly well but I don't know if Chanel patent is the same. Although I don't abuse my goods, I also don't want to have to obsess about damaging them either. With my wallets, I usually toss them in my bags and go. They brush up against my keys, my cosmetic pouch, tube of hand lotion, camera, and a few other misc items and I have on occasion accidentally dropped my wallets on the ground and they have all held up fine. So, given all that, do you think a patent Chanel wallet is a good option? Same goes for the patent key holder - do you think it will last a long time or will it wear down quickly? Oh, and I do know that a lot of Chanel lovers go with LV SLGs. I actually have an LV mono wallet and key holder but am finding the Chanel patent so pretty so I am tempted. Need some opinions if I should stay away. Thank you! Here's a pic of the key case:

http://www.chanel.com/fashion/7-qui...-quilted-patent-calfskin-key-holder--3,1,4,29

I just checked out the key holder, OMG that colour pink is TDF, I want one too & I am supposed to be on a ban & saving up for my Chanel bag lol:roflmfao:

I love my Red Patent Camellia wallet. I am worried it will get stained but what's the use of having it and not enjoying using it? So i am very careful what goes in my bag. But, it makes me happy every time I pull it out to use it! Get what you love, it'll make you happy too!

I love my Red Patent Camellia wallet. I am worried it will get stained but what's the use of having it and not enjoying using it? So i am very careful what goes in my bag. But, it makes me happy every time I pull it out to use it! Get what you love, it'll make you happy too!

ITA, ive only had mine a few days but its making me more tidy with the inside of my bags, I usually just throw receipts in but I am so OCD about the receipt touching my new wallet and the print staining it, the SA told me to be careful as you cant get stains off of patent but then again I am careful with whatever wallet I use, I have a Prada purse that I only really used for a year & that has worn on the corners & thats made of lambskin so is delicate but I agree whats the use in having something if your scared to use it.:roflmfao:

I have the pink camellia patent wallet and just throw into the bano everyday, still looking beautiful, no problem on it.....love it so much.

But the black patent coin purse have some wrinkles on it after using for few days.if you like patent goods, don't worry too much.

I went to Hirsh's Feb Chanel trunk show and a Chanel rep was there to answer questions about the collection, etc. I had a patent WOC in my hand to buy and asked her about using it as an every day wallet (inside my flap). She explained the whole patent leather finish process and strongly suggested that if I did use it as an every day wallet that would be kept inside a flap, that it should be "stored" in a cloth pouch (sleeper) so it would not rub against the inside of my flap because it would surely become damaged. Needless to say, I was scared enough not to buy it and the hassle of the sleeper thing was just not worth it to me. That said, the smaller patent accessories are a little less expensive than the WOC, so I would be less likely to care if it got beat up a bit.

wow, thanks a lot for letting me know about that. the slgs are cheaper but still not cheap. that key case is around $450 so i need it to be durable! :biggrin:

does anyone own a patent wallet or key case and has had it for a long time? can you share your experience? thank you!

I went to Hirsh's Feb Chanel trunk show and a Chanel rep was there to answer questions about the collection, etc. I had a patent WOC in my hand to buy and asked her about using it as an every day wallet (inside my flap). She explained the whole patent leather finish process and strongly suggested that if I did use it as an every day wallet that would be kept inside a flap, that it should be "stored" in a cloth pouch (sleeper) so it would not rub against the inside of my flap because it would surely become damaged. Needless to say, I was scared enough not to buy it and the hassle of the sleeper thing was just not worth it to me. That said, the smaller patent accessories are a little less expensive than the WOC, so I would be less likely to care if it got beat up a bit.