Chanel Patent Leather Bags

How do Chanel patent leather bags wear? I'm thinking about purchasing this tote, but I'm on the fense. Any input would be appreciated :smile: TIA

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 2.38.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 2.38.01 PM.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 953
How do Chanel patent leather bags wear? I'm thinking about purchasing this tote, but I'm on the fense. Any input would be appreciated :smile: TIA
Hi! I love Chanel Patent leather. In fact, it is my favorite. Especially, in colors. All of my bags wear beautifully tho I am careful with all of them no matter the material. The only negative I would say is with the black showing fingerprints. I just received my reissue 226 in black caviar patent and it shows no fingerprints probably because its caviar patent. Good luck! It is a beautiful tote.

Hi! I love Chanel Patent leather. In fact, it is my favorite. Especially, in colors. All of my bags wear beautifully tho I am careful with all of them no matter the material. The only negative I would say is with the black showing fingerprints. I just received my reissue 226 in black caviar patent and it shows no fingerprints probably because its caviar patent. Good luck! It is a beautiful tote.
Thank you so much for the info and quick response :smile:

I have a red Chanel patent and it is the most carried bag I have; it is also the only patent I have.

The patent is more durable than I expected. Since the bag you're looking at is black, you won't have to worry too much about color transfer.

However, I would be concerned about it being a tote. I know how I treat my totes and it is not charming. Totes have a rough and tough kind of life, and it wouldn't pair well with patents.

I have never had any crack or discolor. From Chanel or any high end designer. Even my patent shows all look brand new and a few are 10 years old.
I have read from other TPFers that white patent can yellow over time. But, I have never had anything happen to any of my patents. They last and look amazing.

I have a red Chanel patent and it is the most carried bag I have; it is also the only patent I have.

The patent is more durable than I expected. Since the bag you're looking at is black, you won't have to worry too much about color transfer.

However, I would be concerned about it being a tote. I know how I treat my totes and it is not charming. Totes have a rough and tough kind of life, and it wouldn't pair well with patents.

My tote has
a rough life too, well said.

HELLO EVERYONE!

I need some help making a decision that I don't want to regret regarding keeping my Chanel Black Patent Leather New Mini Bag. I heard that it will become sticky in time. Is that true?

Also, should I keep it because I will (hopefully fingers crossed!) that I will receive my Black Caviar New Mini soon. So, basically I am asking should I have two of the same bag? I do have a Medium Lambskin/Tweed Flap Bag.

I don't like any of the other styles for me (I love them all, but not for me).

I appreciate any input. TIA!