Chanel Patent easy to take care?

Are you supposed to wipe fingerprints off the patent bags with the wiping cloths that come with them from Chanel? When I bought my patent the SA was wiping off "fingerprints" like crazy but mine is a sark navy so I couldn't even see any fingerprints on the bag. Also if the bag gets caught in the rain, do you need to do anything other than wipe it down? Does the bag change if it gets caught in a rainstorm?

I actually bought a black patent jumbo from an ebayer about 2 months ago and when it got to me it was sooooo sticky. I even posted about it on the forum. The seller had lived in a humid country and due to that, the bag became very sticky. I went all over town trying to get it cleaned up but no one could do anything. I ended up returning the bag to the seller and she gave me a full refund. So you definitely need to be careful of humidity and direct sunlight.

I also have a blue crackled patent reissue. Just the other day I took it out to use and I found a pen mark on the front flap. I nearly had a stroke. I asked everyone in Chanel about removing the mark and all they can tell me is to send it in to Chanel for repair. They may be able to clean it or they may not. I just have to send it in and wait.

I have been using my patent flap in frigid Chicago with snow & sleet and back in Dallas where it's been in the 70's this week and it's weathered all storms with no problems, I think it's a very easy bag to take care of.

can't help. no scratches yet. i am actually now using this as everyday bag since it is larger than le marais and has a outside pocket. have received many compliments on this bag.

Yup. Doesn't scratch at all. Chanel's distressed patent is sooo nice. I don't like smooth patent (the one that's more mirror-like). I've been caught in DOWNPOURS several times with my black patent and I just wiped it down and nothing happened.

I would honestly be more worried about the chain getting wet than the patent leather.