Chanel Patent Bag Has Fade Spots! Repairing Ideas Please?

dmh

O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
]I had bought this beautiful black patent leather bag with the fade spots on 1 side. She is a beauty in great condition except for the fade spots. I want to repair the fade spots & would be so appreciative to your ideas. Thank you so very much!!

Attachments

• chanel faded 002.JPG
    chanel faded 002.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 569
  • chanel faded 003.JPG
    chanel faded 003.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 564
  • chanel faded 004.JPG
    chanel faded 004.JPG
    270.3 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:
it looks like it was sitting in the sun too long. I can't imagine how the patent could be restored. Please keep us updated if your able to repair it. Good luck dear.😊

]I had bought this beautiful black patent leather bag with the fade spots on 1 side. She is a beauty in great condition except for the fade spots. I want to repair the fade spots & would be so appreciative to your ideas. Thank you so very much!!

There is no repairing patent leather. Sorry. :/

it looks like it was sitting in the sun too long. I can't imagine how the patent could be restored. Please keep us updated if your able to repair it. Good luck dear.😊
This afternoon I rubbed a coat of Quick Shine in the bag & left it in the sun for a couple of hours. For heat. I buffed it good & seems to look better to me. Maybe a 2nd coat tomorrow? What do you think?

Attachments

• chanel spots part 2 1st coat 003.JPG
    chanel spots part 2 1st coat 003.JPG
    215.7 KB · Views: 410
I have a LV vernis/patent leather alma, and I was told by my SA to avoid sitting it in the sun for too long. If you feel like this has helped I'm really happy for you, but just be real real careful it might make it worse.

I have a LV vernis/patent leather alma, and I was told by my SA to avoid sitting it in the sun for too long. If you feel like this has helped I'm really happy for you, but just be real real careful it might make it worse.
You are so right about the sun & patent leather bags. I did consider our 65 degree day, & the sun in Wisconsin is not as strong this time of year. Well, most of the year not! (ha ha)I just wanted to warm her up to maybe soak in some of the Quick Shine into the faded spots. Luckily it did help! Thank you for your response!

Patent leather is considered almost impossible to repair. Chanel doesn't work on it, but you could try a cobbler. I heard that some cobblers repair patent shoes...