Chanel Packaging & Boxes - What do you use yours for?

Jul 30, 2012
What do you use your Chanel boxes for? Do you store bags or other items in them or have you thrown them out or sold them?

I'm looking for ideas of what to do with designer boxes from bag purchases. I've kept most of mine for years and stored them away. I'm looking to downsize my home shortly and can no longer justify taking up the space required.........my bag collection is also fairly fixed now so it's not like I'll be moving on a bag with a box again.

Hi!

They are so pretty aren’t they. I couldn’t throw them away so I kept mine all these years.

Recently, I have managed to use all of the boxes I have amassed through the years! My chanel box I now use for my growing watch collection. I have an oversized LV box where I place all of my bags. I have 5 other LV boxes in various sizes - 1. I place the family’s passports and other important documents; 2. all the spare keys of the house and our cars; 3. wallets. 4. Scarves

I promise you will find use with it!

Reactions: Bee-licious
Some great ideas Lilleput, thank you.

I didn't think of items like passports :flowers: I have some of the small slide out/drawer LV boxes..........I shall give them a try on a shelf.

Yes, they are too pretty to throw away. I've just sold one oversized LV box but still have one left which I'm working on finding a use for...........I'm not planning on selling anymore but needed to make some room, way too cluttered :panic:
Chanel ones looked very pretty stacked but still need to find something to put in them :smile:

What do you use your Chanel boxes for? Do you store bags or other items in them or have you thrown them out or sold them?

I'm looking for ideas of what to do with designer boxes from bag purchases. I've kept most of mine for years and stored them away. I'm looking to downsize my home shortly and can no longer justify taking up the space required.........my bag collection is also fairly fixed now so it's not like I'll be moving on a bag with a box again.

I throw them out

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I use some of the boxes to store bags. For the ribbons I use them to organize things eg I bought a huge pack of hair ties and looped them through a Chanel ribbon. Same with safety pins.

I love magnetic flip top boxes. I keep all my unopened medicines and supplements, smaller empty boxes, towels and unopened skincare backups in my boxes (I keep only Chanel and Hermes boxes although I feel H should step up on their packaging game, they're so basic). All the decorative stuff like ribbons and camellias I throw away.

Gosh, very interested to hear how many of you throw them away :blush: I rarely even throw a cardboard box out, there's not much that doesn't get re-cycled in our home ;) I hate the wastage and problems of re-cycling, especially plastic in our world.

I've sold a couple of larger boxes now, there is definitely a market for selling them, especially LV and Chanel. It feels good to let them go to someone who has a use for them and worth turning unwanted items into cash. I like all your ideas for storing bits and pieces and will keep all my others. They'll be stacked on a shelf. I'll also try storing Chanel bags in their boxes but I think maybe I'll find it too much hassle even if they're bags I don use that much. Maybe scarves would work stored in a large LV box.

Personally, I kept the box and the bag of my Chanel bag, and I store it inside in its dustbag after using it so that it does not break down.
Everything is stored in my wardrobe :smile:
I always thought that keeping them inside the box was not really good for the bag itself, especially for humid/hot places. Not sure if this applies to non-humid places but I assumed leather bags should be able to breathe (store in its dust bag outside of box with dis bag loosely tied up) since it’s made out of (leather) skin

Wow! I had no idea people threw away the boxes! Personally I never would a) because of possible resale and b) because I think the boxes are kind of part of the whole purchase. Anyway, currently mine are stacked up to block out a small rectangular window in my closet. Windows in closets = BAD. So I have them all stacked up in the window and it blocks out most of the light and then kind of makes my closet look like an homage to Chanel!

I like to keep my boxes but at one stage it was taking up a whole room and getting too much for cleaning, so I gave away some to friends and also offloaded a few usually in bulk, there’s a lot of people out there who purchased preloved but still wanted boxes for better presentation, the boxes ribbons are worth nothing in my eyes but it’s crazy how some people get so obsessed with them.
At one stage I had someone contacted me wanting packaging (Lv mostly) for some property sale and willing to pay premium including shipping for it, guess they just want to portray that fancy lifestyle...