Chanel or what next?

The next label for me will be Hermes but I am saving that for my 40's and beyond. Since I just hit 30 I have at least 10 years of being faithful to Chanel ahead of me. But I believe that even after I get my first Hermes (probably for my 40th Birthday) I will still love and carry the Chanel bags I acquired!

for some reason hermes doesn't appeal to me...maybe im too young to appreciate? dunno...

the one bag im obsessing over right now is the LV mahina XL........but other than that, balenciagas still jump out at me.

For purses, I am very much Chanel obsessed. My "problem" is that my "illness" started just when the Cambon craze was ending. Therefore I missed alot of wonderful purses at much lower prices than today.

For instance I never used to look at Chanel in the department stores or the boutiques so therefore had no knowledge of the incredible designs. I really ony bought Louis Vuitton and was addicted to that for a long time, even buying vintage cosmetic cases and wardrobe trunks with drawers. Then one day I discovered Goyard and took a major plunge and ordered a personalized tote at Barney's. This is before it became popular.

Anyhow after that it has been Chanel all the way, so much so that I check the boutiques and department stores weekly and when we are on trips abroad we hit all the Chanel boutiques. I have been lusting for the large bubble flap but somehow can not bare to part with $2600. I think the prices have gone too high.....

It is doubtful I will ever get into Hermes. I have a few scarves and a great Kelly bracelet from them but the purses seem a tad dowdy and almost pretentious.

Well just my 2¢

I am currently obessed to Chanel and Balenciaga and think it will be like that for few years.. But next target, I wish it might be Hermes (depends on my future real job..sigh)

wow it is so nice to see everyones take on this...hehehhe....i am still lusting for more chanel... but of course i have to control my purchases.... my husband is slowly understanding my love for chanel... :smile:

i love chanel but i love balenciaga too =) these 2 brands are the ones who make my heart go pitter patter, i love how chanel can dress up my dress and how balenciaga can dress down my dress =) i like hermes but it doesnt gimme butterflies,.....YET haha

I would say Chanel is my Fav. but I do own other brands as well. I don't like all Chanel bag lines so I always ended up buy other brands.

Anyway, No Hermes for me and I do agree with Beautylicious about Hermes.

I'm growing on Balenciaga now :smile: