Chanel or Louis Vuitton small bag? Help me decide please!

Jun 4, 2013
This is my first time posting on the Chanel forum. I apologize if this has been asked before but I would appreciate your input.
I am looking for a small bag that fits only a small wallet, cards and my phone. I was thinking about purchasing the LV Pochette Felicie in monogram, but then I looked at Chanel and got really curious about the WOC. I found one WOC in black and another one in red. I am honestly torn between the two, I have seen the Pochette Felicie before and I have a good idea about the dimensions, but I have not seen what really fits inside a WOC.

If you have to chose between the two, which one would you pick?
What fits inside your WOC? What does NOT fit?
Thank you

Welcome! A WOC has card slots, as it is a wallet-on-chain. So you could fit a card case if you didn't want to use the slots in the WOC, but fitting an actual wallet in there likely wouldn't work. My WOC fits: one lipstick, one powder compact, a card case, and my phone. I can get my keys in there too. Also, I sometimes use a product called the WOC saver, which expands it a bit for more usable space.

That being said, this is not a true "handbag". This is a great little on the go bag. If you are looking for more capacity for a wallet, I would recommend the Pochette Felicie. I don't own one of those, however. Maybe someone here who does can comment. My WOC is black, so it's pretty versatile. The red sounds lovely though. You might look at some "what fits in my Chanel WOC" videos on Youtube as well. :smile:

Welcome! A WOC has card slots, as it is a wallet-on-chain. So you could fit a card case if you didn't want to use the slots in the WOC, but fitting an actual wallet in there likely wouldn't work. My WOC fits: one lipstick, one powder compact, a card case, and my phone. I can get my keys in there too. Also, I sometimes use a product called the WOC saver, which expands it a bit for more usable space.

That being said, this is not a true "handbag". This is a great little on the go bag. If you are looking for more capacity for a wallet, I would recommend the Pochette Felicie. I don't own one of those, however. Maybe someone here who does can comment. My WOC is black, so it's pretty versatile. The red sounds lovely though. You might look at some "what fits in my Chanel WOC" videos on Youtube as well. :smile:

Hi! Thanks for the help. Where did you get the WOC saver? I agree that a full wallet will never fit, I was thinking about a small Louis Vuitton cles or a Chanel mini accessory. I have watched a couple of videos, it looks small (not a true handbag like you said) but it carries a lot! I am looking for something very light and easy to carry around. Do you wear it with or without chain clips to shorten the length of the chain?

Reactions: OCMomof3
I don’t own the LV pochette Felicie but I own the Chanel WOC in black. It really is a wallet to me and not a true handbag. I can fit my iPhone, one key pouch, and lipstick. I would look at fashionphile for the bag dimensions and watch YouTube videos on what fits like you said. In terms of weight, it is not heavy but it may be heavier compared to lv canvas. Also the strap length of the WOC is long! I’m only 5ft tall so I have to use a clasp to shorten the chain, and find quite cumbersome. Actually because of this WOC, I learned that any bag with a strap that’s too long is not worth buying and are deal breakers for me. With that being said, it is in my collection because I still think it is beautiful.

Reactions: ArielNature
I don’t own the LV pochette Felicie but I own the Chanel WOC in black. It really is a wallet to me and not a true handbag. I can fit my iPhone, one key pouch, and lipstick. I would look at fashionphile for the bag dimensions and watch YouTube videos on what fits like you said. In terms of weight, it is not heavy but it may be heavier compared to lv canvas. Also the strap length of the WOC is long! I’m only 5ft tall so I have to use a clasp to shorten the chain, and find quite cumbersome. Actually because of this WOC, I learned that any bag with a strap that’s too long is not worth buying and are deal breakers for me. With that being said, it is in my collection because I still think it is beautiful.

I have your same height, I guess I did not consider the strap to be that long. I have a Chanel mini and never had an issue with the strap. Thank you for telling me this, I will be looking for the measurements to see how long it is.
------

I forgot to add: I have a Chanel medium flap, and a mini that I love. This would be my first WOC.

I love my pochette Felicie. It holds essentials, that’s it. Don’t really use the inserts as they take up too much space. I hesitate to wear my higher end bags lately, with having to spray sanitizers everywhere you go now! So worried about staining my bags.

BE720136-DDA2-43D5-8D51-70C1153DC6EC.jpeg

Hi! Thanks for the help. Where did you get the WOC saver? I agree that a full wallet will never fit, I was thinking about a small Louis Vuitton cles or a Chanel mini accessory. I have watched a couple of videos, it looks small (not a true handbag like you said) but it carries a lot! I am looking for something very light and easy to carry around. Do you wear it with or without chain clips to shorten the length of the chain?
I think I got mine off of Ebay. You can also just google "WOC Saver". I do remove it when I store the bag. An LV cles would likely fit. I don't mind the long chain. I'm 5'4" and it hits just fine on me. But you can double up the chain under the flap to shorten it. It's no big deal. You can also use chain clips, which I got off of Amazon. I haven't used them yet, as I prefer to wear the WOC cross body. And yes, it is very lightweight. :smile:

I have both, I use my pochette Felicie as a daily carry to work bag and my wallet on chain when going out with friends. I guess it’s more casual and you can leave it anywhere, everything can wipe off easily and you don’t have to worry about it. I do take care of all my Chanel bags more than my lv bags.

Reactions: vixen18 and fdc
This is my first time posting on the Chanel forum. I apologize if this has been asked before but I would appreciate your input.
I am looking for a small bag that fits only a small wallet, cards and my phone. I was thinking about purchasing the LV Pochette Felicie in monogram, but then I looked at Chanel and got really curious about the WOC. I found one WOC in black and another one in red. I am honestly torn between the two, I have seen the Pochette Felicie before and I have a good idea about the dimensions, but I have not seen what really fits inside a WOC.

If you have to chose between the two, which one would you pick?
What fits inside your WOC? What does NOT fit?
Thank you
Felicie chain is removable and better length, Chanel WOC the chain is non removable and much longer, Felicie (without inserts) fits more than WOC, WOC cost about 3 times of the Felicie since you may sell the inserts of Felicie to get several hundreds in hand

Reactions: Firstfullsteps
I own both, and I love them both and find different uses for each.

The Felice has a perfect chain strap length (I am 4 11”), I only use one of the inserts that come with the bag usually the card slot one so there’s no need to carry a small wallet it’s wider in dimension compared to the Chanel but height is shorter and the depth is not as wide. The Chanel has a long chain and even if I wrap it around the inside it makes it too short for crossbody. There’s very little option to shorten the chain, the Chanel has the built in card slot and zippered compartment for change etc, so no need for a small wallet as well, one feature that Chanel has that I love above all else is the zipper pocket on the inside flap which is a deep inside pocket. That alone sold me on it especially for travel I am able to keep my passport or cash in there securely.
Weight wise Chanel is heavier and the Felice is very light, if that matters to you.
I find with these two where one lacks the other covers if that makes any sense.. like one is longer in width and shorter in height the other is shorter in width and taller in height etc. At the end of the day the amount of content I can fit is the same for both.
It’s a tough choice and price difference between the two is quite substantial. I think you cant go wrong with either or.
*Sorry for the long post HTH.

Felicie chain is removable and better length, Chanel WOC the chain is non removable and much longer, Felicie (without inserts) fits more than WOC, WOC cost about 3 times of the Felicie since you may sell the inserts of Felicie to get several hundreds in hand
i completely agree. the felicie is so much more fuss free and cheaper too. would recommend this instead

Reactions: vivy_tran and onlyk
Chanel WOC is more elegant and the Louis Vittoun is more practical as you can wipe the canvas easily .
LV is a casual bag , while the Chanel WOC can be casual and formal .
So, it depends what you wish to have.

And if you get WOC you don’t need a wallet as it already has 6 card slot .

Good luck deciding

Reactions: OCMomof3
Thanks to everyone for your input! I see that the Felicie has more options with the chain and it's more casual than the WOC. Since I am looking for a small bag for formal and casual wear, I would have to look how the LV Felicie looks on me. I will go to LV and Chanel next week and try both bags. Thank you! :hbeat:

Reactions: OCMomof3 and MahaM
I have a felicite pochete in black empreinte leather. For more understated look, I recommend the empreinte leather and avoid the canvas. I wore my Felícite for about 300 days a year for the past 2 years and absolutely NO sign of wear (I don’t baby her either!) Save your money and get the felicite! Fits more than WOC and better value. I recommend going for classic flap if you buy Chanel :smile: