CHANEL or Louis Vuitton backpack?

1. I can't decide on whether to pull the trigger on the CHANEL Urban Spirit backpack or the Louis Vuitton Palm Springs backpack?

Price aside - what do you guys think??

I'm leaning a little more towards the CHANEL, which is why I've stuck this post in the CHANEL section!

2. Are you planning on really using the backpack? I find LV canvas extremely carefree, so I would most likely go the LV route.

However, I think the Chanel backpack is prettier and more appealing :smile:

OCMomof3 likes this.
  3. To be honest, backpacks aren't really my style but with the sudden craze I feel the need to add one to the collection..

I would definitely wear it, but it definitely won't be an everyday thing!

4. I feel like it depends on your lifestyle. If you want a completely carefree bag to take anywhere and everywhere I'd go LV. If you want something that's just for the style element and special occasions I'd go Chanel.

5. As other members said, LV is care-free leather. I don't have much luck with Chanel leathers.

janellec and Tiffany April like this.
  6. I have both backpacks before, and I sold both. The Chanel Urban is beautiful but not that carefree and not casual enough for everyday use. The Palm Springs is carefree and good for everyday use, but I think the canvas monogram is too much for a backpack and I wanted something more understated...so I finally settle for the LV Sorbonne backpack!! Love it! Sorry I'm not helping..heehee

IMG_2437.JPG
    L.Vuitton.Freak, bernz84, hja and 3 others like this.
  7. I love chanel, but i really dislike the block-ish shape and design of the urban spirit :sad: . I love the LV palm springs, and actually want it myself! Very classic backpack shape - plus LV canvas is so durable! Definitely voting for palm springs

8. I have the LV palm springs that it gets my vote!! I'm not really much of a backpack person so I was a little hesitant to purchase but because I have two young children and the crossbody bag option wasn't really working out for me, I decided to go for it and I'm so glad that I did!

9. If backpacks aren't your style, perhaps wait a little while and let the craze die down. I'd hate to see you get a bag that you aren't in love with and then lose interest when the trend fades.

I completely "get" where you are. I'm not a backpack girl either but there are so many pretty ones that it's tempting to buy. But, I decided on a hard pass. I want new bags that I can't stand not to own. Not ones that are just of the moment. Good luck on your decision.

theonlyprincess and janellec like this.
  10. I have a question! I can’t decide between the Palm Springs or urban spirit but want to be able to carry my 12” MacBook when I travel (it’s a newer model so more lightweight the. The older models” I’m trying to see if it’ll fit in any of the backpacks (I’m thinking the Palm Springs mm) but I would prefer the pm or the urban spirit large. Help!!!

11. Normally I would choose Chanel over LV but LV bags are such great work horse bags and I think you want practicality in a backpack. I vote LV!

12. Will either of them fit a laptop? I take really good care of my bags and wouldn’t carry every say

13. I have both, the small in the Urban Spirit and the PM in the Palm Springs. Love love love both! The Palm Springs is def more carefree and therefore I use it more but if I didn’t care about the Urban Spirit wearing out, I would wear it just as often.

14. Can you fit a laptop in either?!

15. LV for sure