Chanel or Dior?...Can't decide

NikNak022

Mar 25, 2006
Guess I can't carry the new spring bag anyway because it is currently snowing in NYC!
Anyways, I have been on the wait list for the Dior gaucho in white for a few weeks and they tell me it will be in within a week or two. However, I drifted into Chanel today just to have a look and I saw the classic in white leather. I :love: it! Now I am on the fence about which I should get! The gaucho or the classic? I know that I can get the chanel at any time since it is such a classic bag (hence the name) but I really like it now. I need to decide soon though because there are only 3 white classics left in the entire country!! Any suggestions?

Personally speaking, I'm not a fan of the Gaucho. I would get a Chanel over that any day of the week. However, I do understand what you mean by being able to get one any time. That makes sense. I don't know if the Gaucho is going to be available for a long time.

A classic white Chanel sounds much better to me....... ;)

What ever you choose, I do hope you enjoy it - and oh yeah, please show pictures!

i know decisions decisions...i say go for both :nuts: i can't decide on the dior boston or the chanel reporter, i mean the reporter is way expensive whereas the dior is more in my budget but i think i'll eventually get both....

It all depends on what style you're looking for. The Chanel is always a classic and will have more lasting power. The gaucho is edgy and fun ... several PSers (ie. star, fayden, sweetea) have the white gaucho and they look fabulous with it.

I just bought a gaucho from fellow PSer jennifleur because I do like its 'rocker chick' style. If you want something that it is more classic, then choose the Chanel.