Chanel or Balenciaga?

I vote for Balenciaga! Chanel is very sophisticated, but quickly loses its charm with the wear. Ugh. I really dislike how Chanel looks after a month of everyday use. Balenciaga on the other hand really breaks in after a couple of months of everyday use, and looks more and more chic.

If you are not planning on using it everyday but only for those few special occasions, I think Chanel would be a nice addition to your collection (maybe even a must). However, my Balenciaga city is the only bag that I have been using enough to really justify the price :rolleyes: and would definitely recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. Either way, congrats! I'm sure you would love either one of them.

they're so different. the chanel is sturdy/structured and the balenciaga soft and unstructured. i think you should consider the use of you want to get out of your bag. for an everyday bag I'd go for Balenciaga. with a flap chanel you just can't fit as much into it. however chanels are classic. balenciagas though are also modern classic, more urban, less ladylike (like chanel is)

I vote for Balenciaga! Chanel is very sophisticated, but quickly loses its charm with the wear. Ugh. I really dislike how Chanel looks after a month of everyday use.
:confused1:

which bag have you carried everyday for a month?

I'm asking seriously because I've been carrying mine for 3 years and don't baby them and mine still look brand new. I don't want people to think you can't really carry your Chanel's, thats' not the case.

Hey Carmen, I'm not partial to either but just wanted to let you know that prices in Canada have gotten much better! I just got a chloe on sale at Holts and it was even cheaper than the cheapest price I've seen in the US!

Hey Carmen, I'm not partial to either but just wanted to let you know that prices in Canada have gotten much better! I just got a chloe on sale at Holts and it was even cheaper than the cheapest price I've seen in the US!

Wow really? Which one did you get? I think I'm leaning towards the Balenciaga Black with Giant Gold hardware..I kind of want to get the regular hardware but only because I know the price is going to go up in the fall..I'm torn :sad:

I will also vote for the Balenciaga. But I think you should go with the regular hardware. It is a gorgeous bag...that is comfy to carry, but my personal opinion (don't jump me Bbag gals) is that the giant hardware is a bit trendy. The RH goes with gold or silver...and is just a gorgeous leather bag!

I have a Balenciaga black city with RH and a Chanel quilted jumbo flap bag. I love both but I get a lot more use out of the Balenciaga. It's more versatile and it fits my lifestyle more.