chanel or b-bag?

werbowy

O.G.
Mar 16, 2010
hi guys,
i'm finally going to splurge and buy myself a purse :biggrin: but I can't decide whether it should be the chanel shopping tote or a black giant part-time!?

This is a really hard decision- I adore chanel and love the fact that it will always remain timeless. However, i'm really into balenciaga right now (not as classic as chanel)

...thoughts and opinions?

Well, I have had Chanel and as beautiful and as timeless as they are, I still prefer Balenciaga for my every day bag. The Shopping Tote can start to sag and it's not as nice IMO once it does. I think it all depends on why you're getting the bag. JMO, and it's probably a little biased ;)

I'm into Bbags now so I'd say the PT!! But if splurging is a rare thing fir you to do,the you may want to consider timeless Chanel... (but I wouldn't get the shopping tote then)

this will prob be my last splurge for a little while...it is between the classic flap and the PT. As for the occassion? im thinking of using the bbag for casual everyday stuff (hopefully it won't look like a huge briefcase!) but a chanel classic is just simply...classic for every night.

Perhaps you can consider a Chanel black jumbo? It can be used for both day and evening according to some TPFers.

In view of the price increase, I think Chanel increases at a faster rate than Bal.

It would be best if you can get both! :smile:

I have both and love both. But Chanel flap is definately not my everyday bag, since it just doesn't fit into my everyday lifestyle. I use my rh city or first for everyday. So I guess you need to consider which fits your lifestyle better.

well honey.. you came to the BALENCIAGA forum ;)
chanel's do nothing for me. while they look beautiful on other women, they just don't fit my lifestyle and personal style... too structured. i love bal's because the brass h/w isn't blingy and noone knows i'm carrying an expensive bag b/c they dont have an obvious logo :smile:

I think it depends upon how you normally dress.

If you a skirt/blouse kind of gal, the Chanel might fit in more often with your style.

If you wear dark jeans, t's and a blazer or sweater, a Bbag might fit the casual style more closely.

You can wear both bags with all looks, but what makes you more comfortable?