chanel or b-bag?

werbowy

Mar 16, 2010
toronto
hi guys,
i'm finally going to splurge and buy myself a purse :biggrin: but I can't decide whether it should be the chanel shopping tote or a black giant part-time!?

This is a really hard decision- I adore chanel and love the fact that it will always remain timeless. However, i'm really into balenciaga right now (not as classic as chanel)

...thoughts and opinions?

imonpurseblog

Sep 28, 2007
Well, I have had Chanel and as beautiful and as timeless as they are, I still prefer Balenciaga for my every day bag. The Shopping Tote can start to sag and it's not as nice IMO once it does. I think it all depends on why you're getting the bag. JMO, and it's probably a little biased ;)

eye.bag

Jul 24, 2008
I'm into Bbags now so I'd say the PT!! But if splurging is a rare thing fir you to do,the you may want to consider timeless Chanel... (but I wouldn't get the shopping tote then)

chrisz

Jun 10, 2007
If its a specific choice btw PT and gst... i would say PT. if its a flap vs PT, i would say go for the flap.

werbowy

Mar 16, 2010
toronto
this will prob be my last splurge for a little while...it is between the classic flap and the PT. As for the occassion? im thinking of using the bbag for casual everyday stuff (hopefully it won't look like a huge briefcase!) but a chanel classic is just simply...classic for every night.

valnsw

O.G.
Oct 19, 2009
Livin' in my closet
Perhaps you can consider a Chanel black jumbo? It can be used for both day and evening according to some TPFers.

In view of the price increase, I think Chanel increases at a faster rate than Bal.

It would be best if you can get both! :smile:

anitos

O.G.
May 20, 2008
Canada
I have both and love both. But Chanel flap is definately not my everyday bag, since it just doesn't fit into my everyday lifestyle. I use my rh city or first for everyday. So I guess you need to consider which fits your lifestyle better.

verty

sharkwater.com
Feb 28, 2007
the islands
well honey.. you came to the BALENCIAGA forum ;)
chanel's do nothing for me. while they look beautiful on other women, they just don't fit my lifestyle and personal style... too structured. i love bal's because the brass h/w isn't blingy and noone knows i'm carrying an expensive bag b/c they dont have an obvious logo :smile:

abitobling

Feb 28, 2007
Hmm, I have a few Chanels & a few Bbags. What other bags do you have, and how do you want to use this one - for everday, special occasions?

Feb 19, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
I think it depends upon how you normally dress.

If you a skirt/blouse kind of gal, the Chanel might fit in more often with your style.

If you wear dark jeans, t's and a blazer or sweater, a Bbag might fit the casual style more closely.

You can wear both bags with all looks, but what makes you more comfortable?