Chanel Opinion Needed

jill2185s

Jul 1, 2007
I have to sell one of my Chanel purses and they are all brand-new and never used for money due to a family emergency. I have a Medallion Tote, a Patent Bowler, and a Black Classic Flap and I was wondering which two out of all of them would you keep and why? I need help making a decision Thanks, Jill:smile:

Last edited:
Oh what a hard decision.-I suppose you use one of these on a more or less daily basis....I think I might say the medallion tote., but, it is the largest one and probably the most practical for everyday use, so if you use one of these everyday then keep the medallion, and get rid of either the flap or the bowler., whichever you will use the least. The medallion and the flap will always be available, not sure about the patent bowler and don't know if it is the bubble quilt or the luxe ligne or which one,so that also would make a difference.:heart:H

well the classic flap is just that, it is classic and is something that you can get again. What size is it, lamb or caviar, gold or silver h/w???
Is you patent bowler from fall 07/08? If so I think it sounds like a "Luxury by Chanel" and that was an awesome bag. Great for everyday and very current with the trends for fall. Also something you wont be able to get again.
I would sell the medallion or the flap...

I would want 1 classic and 1 novelty fashion chanel piece.
1 day and 1 evening if you can only have two find the two that best fits your lifestyle:smile: however I think it sounds a bit like chanel abuse to keep 3 new bags locked up in a closet!!! they want to go out and play:smile:

Definitely the patent bowler and the classic flap for me. I agree with LVgirl88 that the prices will always go up, so you should keep one of the classics :smile:

Also I've not seen that many people carry the patent bowler (at least where I live), so it feels more special carrying something less seen ;) But of all, I'd keep the classic!

I definately would keep the Classic Flap. I would say it's a toss up between the other two. The patent bowler is a unique bag that they don't make anymore. The medallion tote will always be around......

great guys! thanks! you've all been such a help! i love your opinions and hearing from you all! i'm new to the forum, but this is awesome talking to you about my favorite thing handbags, haha! keep the opinions coming! :smile:

I would keep the flap. You will be able to carry that and look fashionable when you are 70 years old. I am not a fan of the medallion tote so I would say sell that and keep the flap and the bowler. And use them!