Chanel only for middle-aged women?

Well I happen to be very excited and happy for you. Congrats on your beautiful items, and such a wonderful husband! As for the JEALOUS friend, just let it slide and enjoy your Chanels :smile:

SwankyMamaof3 said:
I guess if Misha Barton is middle aged!!!!! ROFL!
Or if I'm middle aged! I'm 31!
Or how about IntlSet and Cristina!?

No way is the answer to that!

I didn't tell you? That's not me in my avatar... :P

kris, don't pay any attention to your friend. Wear what you like. If Chanel makes you happy, then who is she to rain on your parade? :suspiciou Enjoy your gifts! :nuts:

you know what? it sounds like shes jealous! and plus - maybe she doesn't know that chanel is timeless etc.... dont worry about it! you're SO lucky to have a chanel!!! congrats and enjoy it!!!!

Yup, sounds like jealousy. Perhaps she's not just jealous of the bag and wallet, but the fact that you obviously have a fabulous hubby! You're such a lucky lady to have a husband who will give you such wonderful gifts. Enjoy, and don't let your friend get to you.

boxyandme said:
Sounds like jealousy. Don't mind her any attention. I think chanel flap's are ageless. See all the young celeb's carrying their flap's? They look great and so will you.

Agree! I think Chanels are beautiful and would never considered them a "middle aged womans bag". Anyone who owns one is a lucky, classy lady!

Ignore your friend, or better yet just dump her all together. Assuming by the way she talks to you, that is NO friend. Even IF (and notice the emphasis on IF) Chanel was only for middle age women (which would make me one too), if your friend knew that it was a gift from your husband and also knew that you LOVED it she would have kept her thoughts to herself, if not even tell a little white lie and say that it's "nice".

Hunnie. Enjoy your bag and ignore the tasteless. You don't need that. And congrats on your classic bag!!! That is one that you'll definately want to keep forever!!! Post some pics when you can and share with us who can appreciate it! :smile:

To carry Chanel is about style, not age. A true classic is both age- and timeless! The look depends entirely on you and how you carry it, together with the outfit you choose - it can be cool & casual with jeans or totally dressed up. Your jealous friend just wants you to feel bad - don't listen to her. Listen to your friends on this forum instead, these girls know how to appreciate nice handbags!

Enjoy your beautiful gift & your sweet hubby!

kris said:
So when I told my friend (because she asked) about the chanel bag, she was like - "my mom has a chanel bag. i don't like chanel bags because they are for middle aged women."
The nerve of that b****. What's her point?

Chanel is for the sophisticated woman... any age. She sounds jealous to me.

Unfortunately some people really do thing that Chanel is for middle aged people only. (As if to say somethings wrong with being middle aged???) IMO, Chanel is for anyone who likes it ;)

I'm brand new to this site but having read this post I HAVE to chime in! I just came back from Neiman's having purchased my THIRD Chanel (the 2.55 re-issue black with gold chain) and I'm late 40's and no where near middle-aged....(I guess I am but I don't FEEL middle aged). I love my Chanel's and wear one everyday with jeans, skirts, whatever and never, ever feel my age. Chanel IS timeless and definately for the sophisticated woman of ANY age....:smile: