Chanel on sale- Peggy from Nordstrom List.

Yeah, maybe some people just want "first crack" at the bags and have "sour grapes" because others got there first?!

I was forwarded this email from another tpf'er and called Peggy immediately on it. There was nothing that said we had to "wait" for the preferred customers to respond first. Sheesh.

I received this e-mail from Peggy. She is a wonderful SA. Her e-mail states that if we know of anyone that would be interested please forward the e-mail. Based on that sentence I do not think the list is only for a select group of clients.

As to whether or not Nordstroms wants it posted on the internet is another question entirely and for which I do not have the answer.

I received the same email too, seems smart for some one who works on commition to spead the word! Im glad of these emails, I will order something from Peggy now because she takes the time to send emails out.

I greatly appreciate the information yes.please! As another poster said, that's what this forum is about, the dissemination of information. I love the fact that we all help each other out in this forum, whether it is in locating a particular bag or knowing about sales. :yes:

Then no worries!! I just was saying I did not know if this could or could not be posted, as I am not on the list.

I do however know for a fact that the lookbooks are not to be posted :yes:

i am a loyal nordstrom customer and i am also on that email list. but come on, anyone can get on the list, so there isn't anything super exclusive about getting those emails. i honestly don't think it's unfair to anyone...because some people check the email everyday hour, every day, every other day and maybe in bigger intervals. if everyone wants to get a first dib, then i'd suggest checking their email every hour. i also think that if nordstrom wanted to make those customers more 'exclusive' then maybe they should make personal calls instead of sending a mass email. KWIM? it's really inevitable for the pictures to leak or what not considering that we live in the cyber age, information can get from point a to point b so much faster and easier nowadays. if not's not posted, then it can be emailed and forwarded, bottom line is a lot of people will see it nonetheless and that's the reality of it. i would LOVE to see everything before anyone, of course, but that's what makes purse hunting fun for me. just my 2 cents.

I've purchased quite a few bags from Nordstrom before, and pretty much anyone who's interested or has contacted an SA in the past can get on their 'mailing list'. It's not all that 'exclusive'. They do work off commission and it makes their job that much easier when customers come to them.

As far as 'preferred customers' go, they all start off as 'new' customers. You have to build the relationship by showing loyalty both ways.

If you really are a 'preferred customer' normally the SA will give you a heads up in advance or set things aside depending on your taste, this kind of relationship can be cultivated quickly - if u guys hit it off, or slowly by being a return shopper.

This is OT but my only real pet-peeve is when tpf are on waitlists for coveted bags, decide against it and instead of just declining and letting the SA pass it on to the next person in line, posts on the forum and passes their spot onto someone who was not on that waitlist at all. Now that's a little unfair to the next person in line who waitlisted. Especially if quantities are limited. :hrmm:

I can relate to both sides of the issue. If I get on the preferred customer list, I want first crack. If I don't get on the preferred customer list, I want access to information.

The problem really belongs to the Chanel counter manager - how can she or he (in this case we know it's she) keep her sales high and offer her preferred customers some sort of exclusitivity? Nordstrom definitely keeps a preferred list (three levels of exclusivity) and one of the perks is getting "presale" privileges.

I don't know what the right answer is but I do know that certain coveted bags are reserved for preferred customers even before they hit the sale floor...

I received this email too. She's a wonderful SA. I don't know what I have to say about preferred customer list. I just checked TPF and wondering whether this email from Peggy already been posted or not, then here it is. All I care is that 2.55 is sold. :crybaby: Argh! I want it so bad. It's a good deal.

I can understand both sides. I would hope no sa gets in trouble for the info they send out. I can see how the perfered customers would get irked since the bag they might want would get sold to the public. BUT people like me don't have a Nordies or other major dept stores near so how are we to know what is available. Not all sa's send out emails or contact their customers when there are sales.

If you want first dibs on email sales get a Blackberry - you will be alerted the minute the email comes in.

I see many bags I would not be aware of on this forum and I would be disappointed if this post caused some sort of policy change at Nordstroms. Just remember that we are all shopping and it's a friendly competition with who gets what bag.

Chanel is the one who really contributes to our frustration. If only they would make more bags like that Hot Pink Classic Flap, and the Jumbo Black Caviar, etc.

Happy hunting and God Bless all of our loyal and hard-working sales reps :tup:

M

Okay, then let's assume the email is not only for preferred customers. Another isssue is the sheer volume of calls and emails the store receives when sale information is posted. Think about it. If emails were only being forwarded to friends, family members or fellow purse lovers not on the internet, the volume would be far less than posting the information/photos on a purse forum website where members descend upon the store like vultures. The sheer volume of calls (from the operators who answer the phones to the s/a's who assist customers) can be overwhelming. The post about contacting Peggy to receive a copy of the spring lookbooks yeilded over 50 emails to her inbox, and the number may have doubled if other members didn't offer to help disseminate them. I know for a fact she was not expecting that type of volume and was concerned about being able to fulfill the requests in addition to servicing the regular in-store customers.

Furthermore, I remember one particular day I called an s/a at NM that everyone recommends and raves about and she darn near bit my head off when I asked about a particular sale bag I saw posted on the forum. She immediately caught her tone and apologized, stating she had been receiving calls all day and the impact was taking a toll.

I don't expect many of you to see the flip side since it's all about scoring the coveted bag, and I can't be the only person who feels this way.

Again, it's Nordstrom's decision as to how they wish to proceed. They are definitely are a more customer oriented versus sales oriented company and perhaps are trying to find that perfect balance between keeping/recruiting loyal customers and fostering a happy sales staff.