Chanel of Tiffany & Co. Necklace? HELP ME DECIDE!

which would be better for a 13 year old girl. I'm getting her one of them for Christmas. Like what is a good starter piece for collecting designer jewlery.

here are the choices:

Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. | Item | Return to Tiffanyâ„¢ heart lock charm. On a 16" chain. | United States heart lock charm $165

Tiffany & Co. | Item | Return to Tiffanyâ„¢ heart tag pendant, small. Sterling silver | United States heart tag $100

Chanel
http://i16.tinypic.com/2rzcao8.jpg

I got this pic off the internet because I can't find any when I searched for them but those are 2 necklaces that are my choices.

155.00 - Logo with Rhinstones around the size of a dime. (on left)
160.00 - Solid black or white CC logo around the size of a quarter. (on right) also..which is better the black or white?

Either Tiffany piece is best IMO.
Chanel is too over the top for a girl that age IMO and also, it'll be costume jewelry, I'd rather buy my DD sterling, it's more durable.

*this coming frmo a die-hard Chanel buyer

i'd go with tiffany's as well.....i think the first necklace would be very cute on a 13 year old.....i agree with swanky that chanel may be a little over the top at that age :yes:

I teach 8th grade, and there's a little girl in my class who wears Chanel earrings all the time. I have complimented her on them, and she doesn't really seem to care or respond. It's like she doesn't see the value.

My vote is for Tiffany's, because it will be a keepsake for a long time and it's more wearable for a girl her age than the Chanel. Good luck!

i agree, the tiffanys is a brilliant idea! i wanted one of those but UK doesnt give you the engrave option and its more expensive over here :S just a little but with xmas coming up i cant afford to be buying myself gifts

definantely not the chanel, its a little too much for a 13 year old girl! Even though I bet she would LOVE it, I would think its a little over the top. I love the tiffanys #2 necklace for her, its very cute!! goodluck choosing

Well, I'm a Tiffany's girl--so I'm biased:smile: Even with said stated preferrence, I'm going with the Tiffany's. Those little silver charms are so cute. I like the first one for your DD. I like the lock and I remember having a little lock charm from my Mom (NOT T & Co tho) years ago.

I agree with everyone here. Tiffany would be perfect for a 13 year old girl! Chanel, not so much. Of the 2 Tiffany necklaces you posted, I like the 2nd one. It's more delicate.