Chanel of Tiffany & Co. Necklace? HELP ME DECIDE!

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. which would be better for a 13 year old girl. I'm getting her one of them for Christmas. Like what is a good starter piece for collecting designer jewlery.

here are the choices:

Tiffany & Co.
    Tiffany & Co. | Item | Return to Tiffanyâ„¢ heart lock charm. On a 16" chain. | United States heart lock charm $165

Tiffany & Co. | Item | Return to Tiffanyâ„¢ heart tag pendant, small. Sterling silver | United States heart tag $100

Chanel
    http://i16.tinypic.com/2rzcao8.jpg

I got this pic off the internet because I can't find any when I searched for them but those are 2 necklaces that are my choices.

155.00 - Logo with Rhinstones around the size of a dime. (on left)
    160.00 - Solid black or white CC logo around the size of a quarter. (on right) also..which is better the black or white?

2. Either Tiffany piece is best IMO.
    Chanel is too over the top for a girl that age IMO and also, it'll be costume jewelry, I'd rather buy my DD sterling, it's more durable.

*this coming frmo a die-hard Chanel buyer

3. i'd go with tiffany's as well.....i think the first necklace would be very cute on a 13 year old.....i agree with swanky that chanel may be a little over the top at that age :yes:

4. I teach 8th grade, and there's a little girl in my class who wears Chanel earrings all the time. I have complimented her on them, and she doesn't really seem to care or respond. It's like she doesn't see the value.

My vote is for Tiffany's, because it will be a keepsake for a long time and it's more wearable for a girl her age than the Chanel. Good luck!

5. i agree, the tiffanys is a brilliant idea! i wanted one of those but UK doesnt give you the engrave option and its more expensive over here :S just a little but with xmas coming up i cant afford to be buying myself gifts

6. I think the first one is precious and just right for a girl/woman of any age!

7. Tiffany for the 13 year old, and Chanel for me. :nuts:

Barbara

8. I like the first Tiffany's necklace and think it would look cute on a 13 year old. Chanel might be a little "old."

9. agree Tiffany for the little girl..and I would love the Chanel myself.LOL

10. definantely not the chanel, its a little too much for a 13 year old girl! Even though I bet she would LOVE it, I would think its a little over the top. I love the tiffanys #2 necklace for her, its very cute!! goodluck choosing

11. I think the Tiffany necklaces are more suited for a thirteen-year-old. I, personally, like the first one the best.

12. Well, I'm a Tiffany's girl--so I'm biased:smile: Even with said stated preferrence, I'm going with the Tiffany's. Those little silver charms are so cute. I like the first one for your DD. I like the lock and I remember having a little lock charm from my Mom (NOT T & Co tho) years ago.

13. the tiffany heart lock charm is cute

14. Chanel is costume jewelry.... Although I see way too many teens with the Tiffany's pieces....

15. I agree with everyone here. Tiffany would be perfect for a 13 year old girl! Chanel, not so much. Of the 2 Tiffany necklaces you posted, I like the 2nd one. It's more delicate.