Chanel not As described from Fashionphile?

Kisa

paper or plastic?
O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
Hi ladies! I just wanted to share my recent experience with fashionphile. I purchased a 2005 pink medium flap on layaway. I was planning to get the bag spa serviced anyways, and sent pics off to leather surgeons before ordering the bag to make sure everything was fixable. I specifically picked this bag because of its flawless structure pictured in the listing, even though it had some scratches and stains.

Hunter at leather surgeons gave me the a-ok and I went ahead and bought the bag. After the bag arrived at Leather Surgeons directly from Fashionphile they informed me that there was a significant dent on the bottom of the bag. They sent me some pics and it looks nothing like the bag from fashionphile - yet it is. The fashionphile tags are still attached and the serials match. Is this common with Fashionphile?

IMG_8092.jpg
IMG_8091.jpg

Related question- does anyone know what's used to shape Chanel bag? Are they supported by the stiffness of the leather or is there something else in there? I have a new classic flap that isn't broken in yet and it almost feels like there's cardboard inside it...

And if it gets crinkled wrong, will it be irreparable? (Like I'm assuming the bottom of this bag?)

Reactions: lisabmiller
Was there a picture of the bottom? I usually find Fashionphile pretty accurate. If they didn't picture it or mention it, then they screwed up.You could always return.

That is the picture of the bottom. The first pic is from the listing and the second is what they sent. I emailed them and they responded asking for pics (after I'd sent them in the original email) then stopped responding. am I just overreacting to this level of damage?

Related question- does anyone know what's used to shape Chanel bag? Are they supported by the stiffness of the leather or is there something else in there? I have a new classic flap that isn't broken in yet and it almost feels like there's cardboard inside it...

And if it gets crinkled wrong, will it be irreparable? (Like I'm assuming the bottom of this bag?)

Watch the video where Jefree star cuts the Chanel boy in half! I think there's card inside. You could ask leather surgeons though. :smile:

That is the picture of the bottom. The first pic is from the listing and the second is what they sent. I emailed them and they responded asking for pics (after I'd sent them in the original email) then stopped responding. am I just overreacting to this level of damage?

Oh ok, yes I see, I failed to realize the Fashionphile pic of the area was there.

Well I wouldn't say you are overreacting as the picture obviously does not seem to show the dent. They have a good return policy. Contact them and send it back if you are unhappy.

Maybe something happened when they packed the bag, or put it on the shelf for storage. I wouldn't want the bag and would return. I think they have different policies on returning layaway vs outright purchase, however I would expect them to make an exception and refund you. The delay in response might be because someone else has to make that decision, not the person you were emailing with. Leather surgeons is reputable, I'm sure they will believe what they are saying, that the bag came to them this way.

Let us know :smile:

I'm assuming you had it shipped to LS to save on shipping to you international-international back to the Surgeons-etc-etc? Based on Fashionphile's photos, either, their packaging was messed up, or Leather Surgeons messed up (and needs to fix it).

****My opinion is Leather Surgeons messed it up...maybe accidentally****

https://www.fashionphile.com/chanel-caviar-quilted-medium-double-flap-pink-209267

From what I've seen from LS's results, they fix EVERYTHING to tip top shape, so I would get it fixed and maybe split the difference? Who knows, maybe it did get damaged in shipping?

So many different variables that could have happened. Perhaps ask LS if the box was damaged upon receipt?

I'm assuming you had it shipped to LS to save on shipping to you international-international back to the Surgeons-etc-etc? Based on Fashionphile's photos, either, their packaging was messed up, or Leather Surgeons messed up (and needs to fix it).

****My opinion is Leather Surgeons messed it up...maybe accidentally****

https://www.fashionphile.com/chanel-caviar-quilted-medium-double-flap-pink-209267

From what I've seen from LS's results, they fix EVERYTHING to tip top shape, so I would get it fixed and maybe split the difference? Who knows, maybe it did get damaged in shipping?

So many different variables that could have happened. Perhaps ask LS if the box was damaged upon receipt?

Thanks for posting the link! I didn't even think of doing that.

The stupidest thing is that I have been in the US on a road trip for the past 3 weeks - I was actually in Carlsbad, and was planning to pick it up in person, but then I thought I'd save time and hassle by shipping it directly to LS. I guess that was a big mistake. I don't think LS damaged it, because if they did they probably would have just fixed it and not said anything. Maybe it got damaged in transport. Am I crazy, I'm looking at the pic on the mannequin with zoom and it looks like there might be something there, but it's definitely not visible at all in the pic of the bottom of the bag.

It's not visible in the photo, but you not receiving it, sending it to LS, opens up the possibility that it could have been damaged any sort of way:

- With Fashionphile while awaiting layaway
- During shipment
- With LS

So you're right, LS could have just fixed it BUT, you may have noticed the change and they would have to explain it...or *something*, who knows? Or maybe the labor costs would have been too much and they would have to recoup. Or maybe they accidentally messed it up and they didn't realize it. So many different variables.

Reactions: ToscanaSD and Kisa
Looks to me like the only difference is that the FP photo shows the bag stuffed, while the LS picture shows it empty. I doubt that indentation shows when the bag has items in it and is on the shoulder. If you love it, keep it. If not, return to FP.

Reactions: llviolet and Kisa
Hi ladies! I just wanted to share my recent experience with fashionphile. I purchased a 2005 pink medium flap on layaway. I was planning to get the bag spa serviced anyways, and sent pics off to leather surgeons before ordering the bag to make sure everything was fixable. I specifically picked this bag because of its flawless structure pictured in the listing, even though it had some scratches and stains.

Hunter at leather surgeons gave me the a-ok and I went ahead and bought the bag. After the bag arrived at Leather Surgeons directly from Fashionphile they informed me that there was a significant dent on the bottom of the bag. They sent me some pics and it looks nothing like the bag from fashionphile - yet it is. The fashionphile tags are still attached and the serials match. Is this common with Fashionphile?

View attachment 3939410
View attachment 3939409
I have to say... I’ve had great experiences and 1 bad experience (damaged from packaging or lack thereof) with fashionphile. I’ve purchased from them 5 times? The bad experience was a Valentino bag that I really really wanted. Now, I have trust issues and don’t like having pricy things mailed to me so I’m extra careful. I have my husband film and photo as I open package for those (I am aware I’m nuts but I usually buy new in person but this one I really wanted but only at the right price and it was a great deal for a new one!). It arrived in a big shipping box but it was not well stuffed (content move around). Then, I found the bag inside a cheap plastic bag that has a slash through it and the dust bag was just inside packing box. There was a slight thin scratch where the slashed plastic was. Then I opened the handbag itself and found that it was not even stuffed with anything!

Sent photos and this took about a week but they were reasonably timely and responsive. They offered for me to return and as I said it was a bag I really wanted and for a really great price and I weite them how unfair it was as it took me a long tine to find this to be disappointed, and that they need to improve how to package an item that’s of this price. I asked if they would lower the price to $x and I will keep despite the damage as they will have to mark it down anyway if they need to re post it and loose time and shipping. they escalated for approval and I kept it. I think I ended up paying about 40% of this bags actual price (it was a brand new item). So in this case the packaging caused the damage but their customer did the right thing for me. Took a bit of work and back and forth though

Good luck deciding and resolving this!