Chanel Newbie

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am thinking about purchasing my first Chanel piece. I was browsing the Chanel in the Neiman's near my house and I just didn't see anything that caught my eye. I'm into vintage but I am wary about purchasing online and I'm not close enough to make a day trip to NYC with my schedule (I'm in the Philadelphia area). I don't really know how much I want to spend yet but can anyone give me a ballpark range for a smaller tote or a smaller flap bag? Any suggestions on a good first bag?

Thanks in advance.

2. You might want to check out the reference library and look through all the different styles (there's a lot so the price range is broad). Once you find one, we can help you w/ colors, etc. :tup:

3. 1st of all, you need to know two things:
    what type of bag: tote, small, flap or satchel or around there.
    what color?: you like metallics, deep colors, simple black, brown etc.
    and then if you happn to like a special chanel that you saw somewhere.

after these things you start your hunt, its so hard to pick any bag in fact specially this pricey.

4. For a smaller handbag from Chanel, band new will range from $1600-$2200 easy.
    Are there any other locations that sell Chanel near you? Every store, even every NM will have different pieces. Keep looking, I'm positive you'll find something you NEEEED! :biggrin:

5. Thanks for your replies. I checked out the reference library and there are so many gorgeous bags, I have to admit I was slightly overwhelmed. I like the flap bags, it's such a classic style and can go with anything. I also like the shopping totes. I think I'd be into blacks and blues, I'd say pink but that might be a little much for the first bag choice. I think the Saks Fifth Avenue near me has a Chanel boutique and if I fall in love with something I'd be willing to travel to find it if I have to (NYC is only 1 1/2 hours away). I travel to Florida often during the year and Bal Harbour is always on the list. Anyway thanks again, everyone here is so helpful.

6. med/large classic flap in black caviar ($2350)!! I just got mine last month (its my first) and I am SO happy with my decision. Good luck and keep us posted :tup: