Chanel newbie - question on a 2.55

jennifer-j

O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
I'm very new to Chanel and I would love to purchase the 2.55. I don't know a lot about this bag, all I know is that it's a classic and it comes in different versions.
I love the 2.55 Jennifer Garner is wearing here:
http://www.**************/chanel-handbags/jennifer-garner-shows-off-her-chanel-purse.html
Could anyone tell me which version and size this is, and how much it costs? And is it vintage? Or is it available at the stores?

Thanks!
Jenn

Edit: the *** should be: pursepageDOTcom (I guess you can't link to this page?)

Yep, that's the one!
Thanks, it's very hard for a newbie to figure it out, with all those different sizes and version!
Do you know how much this one costs? And will it be a huge difference after the price increase? I was planning to buy a purse next month, and my budget is around $2000 (but that's not a strict limit ;) )
Oh, and one last question: do Chanel bags cost less in Europe? I know LV bags are always a bit cheaper here.

I think they cost MORE in Europe because of the Euro. I've heard from people outside of the US, that the US is a great place to buy because of the low value of our dollar.

It's $2,250 US right now I believe and it goes up to $2,650 (22% price increase) next Thurs, Nov 1.

It's $2,250 US right now I believe and it goes up to $2,650 (22% price increase) next Thurs, Nov 1.

Thanks for letting me know! That's a huge price difference! I doubt I'll get to the store before Nov 1st though, but for $400 I'm certainly gonna try :smile:

I think they cost MORE in Europe because of the Euro. I've heard from people outside of the US, that the US is a great place to buy because of the low value of our dollar.
Normally, that's true, but Vuitton is cheaper in Europe than in the US (and France is cheaper than the rest of Europe), so that's why I was wondering if that's also the case for Chanel.