Chanel Modern Chain Flap

Feb 25, 2007
Hello lovelies!

I was looking up the Chanel Modern Chain Flap (with the sort of matte silver HW--the one in the picture), and was wondering what leather is this? It looks kind of distressed, and I'm guessing it's lambskin? :S If it is, do you suppose it is very durable? I've also heard that it's not good to expose the lambskin to the rain because it might stain...is this true?

Did this bag ever come in a caviar leather?

I'm partial to the caviar since I love the feeling of having a no-fuss bag, but the MC flap looks sooooo divine I think I might cave.

Thanks so much in advance for helping this Chanel noob out! :smile::P:heart:

Attachments

• AAAAArBf8CQAAAAAAR44ew.jpg
    AAAAArBf8CQAAAAAAR44ew.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 230
I think the picture you have is of the modern chain flap with the old leather, pre 2007, the one that came out in 2007 had the new shiny glazed leather just like her big sisters MC N/S and E/W totes. I last saw it when I purchased my mc n/s tote last september so I am not sure if was part of this year collection or not (the tote did come back). The glazed leather is definetely very durable, not sure about the unglazed though. Maybe someone else can help with that:yes:

I used to have this bag in black. The leather is distressed and I believe just as durable as caviar, if not more so. It doesn't scratch easily and should age well. If you are looking for a no-fuss bag, this would be a good candidate.