Chanel Mini Rectangular short chain??

rohonguy

Jul 15, 2020
Hi all,

I got a black rectangular mini in caviar at fashionphile. I heard that the chains are pretty long. I am 4'11, and the chain on this mini fits me perfectly. It is also pretty short (a little over 21, not quite 22). I heard the chains are supposed to be 23. Is this normal? Thanks for the input! The serial number also starts with 26 if that helps.

sydsunshine

Jan 29, 2018
I’ve seen from YouTuber catwalkcity where she bought a bag from fashionphile which was shortened but not disclosed. This could be the case. Did you spend a lot for the bag at fashionphile?

rohonguy

Jul 15, 2020
I’ve seen from YouTuber catwalkcity where she bought a bag from fashionphile which was shortened but not disclosed. This could be the case. Did you spend a lot for the bag at fashionphile?
I did :sad: Since it is a rare bag, i ended up spending a lot for the bag. I am fine with the chain being short, but i do not know if it is normal and it makes me question if it might be a fake. Oh! I actually saw her video earlier today.

earthygirl

Apr 20, 2018
In my experience the length of chains can be slightly different depending on the season it’s from. I bought a Chanel rectangular mini from a Chanel boutique a couple years back and had the bag mailed to me. I decided to return it because the chain length was a little shorter than my Silver rectangular mini from 2017. I also bought a classic quilted black WOC last year from London and the length Of its chain is shorter than my other wocs. It’s about 23 inches. To be on the safe side I would have it authenticated by a 3rd party and would also contact fashionphile to inquire about whether the bag was altered or not.