Rectangle Mini Flap Club!

I had the chain on my square mini lengthened so I could wear crossbody. I’m 5’5’’ but not very slim so I wanted it to look and feel comfortable. It’s the best thing I ever did.
Hi no5, do you mind to share how did you have it lengthened?

I am 5’4” but my breasts have become considerably larger after giving birth to my daughter a few months ago, I am still nursing so I don’t see them shrinking any time soon. I’m working hard on getting back to my pre-baby body, which is not as easy as I thought it would be unfortunately, as I’ve gone a few sizes up.

I just got my first mini last Friday, and it sits way too high due to my large chest when worn crossbody. Now I can only carry it on the shoulder which is really a bummer. I am crossing my fingers that I can get back to my pre-baby body soon. Lol

Before the baby, I was a size 0 and was rather flat chested like below:

EFAEE4D6-8940-41E4-A392-4FAB611DD61C.jpeg

CD3EB601-D538-4BD9-8663-95B171976B91.jpeg
I am considering to lengthen the chain, or just keep it as it is. I think I can make it work crossbody if I successfully go back to my pre-baby body. Any advice is welcomed. TIA

Hi no5, do you mind to share how did you have it lengthened?

I am 5’4” but my breasts have become considerably larger after giving birth to my daughter a few months ago, I am still nursing so I don’t see them shrinking any time soon. I’m working hard on getting back to my pre-baby body, which is not as easy as I thought it would be unfortunately, as I’ve gone a few sizes up.

I just got my first mini last Friday, and it sits way too high due to my large chest when worn crossbody. Now I can only carry it on the shoulder which is really a bummer. I am crossing my fingers that I can get back to my pre-baby body soon. Lol

Before the baby, I was a size 0 and was rather flat chested like below:

View attachment 4882522

View attachment 4882523
I am considering to lengthen the chain, or just keep it as it is. I think I can make it work crossbody if I successfully go back to my pre-baby body. Any advice is welcomed. TIA

Well firstly you look great in both photos.

I am more fully figured shall we say and I wanted to get mine extended to get more use out of it. I sent it to a small company in the UK called The Handbag Restoration Company and they did a fantastic job. If I ever want to sell it which I doubt, I can have the links removed and the bag reverts to how it was. It cost hardly anything about £80 and was done in a few weeks. If you're in the States I am sure there are other companies that can do handbag repairs but research well first. The company I used was reputable and they collected and delivered the bag so it was insured. Its the best money I spent otherwise my square mini would just be sat in the cupboard.

I will try and find and post some photos of me but I don't have nearly as fantastic a figure as you do so please excuse me. I think its worth exploring for sure. Its one of the best things I've done as it makes my Chanel mini more usable. I also like doubling the chain too and as its now longer it looks love as a shoulder.

Reactions: 94iBag and mrsblue
I just called my chanel store (located in Nordstrom at Fashion Valley) and they told me the rectangle mini doesn't come in gold HW for Fall. Insert crying face emoji!!! Is Preloved market my only option?

On another note, I'm 5'7" so maybe I should refocus my efforts and try and find a Small Classic flap instead... thoughts?

Well firstly you look great in both photos.

I am more fully figured shall we say and I wanted to get mine extended to get more use out of it. I sent it to a small company in the UK called The Handbag Restoration Company and they did a fantastic job. If I ever want to sell it which I doubt, I can have the links removed and the bag reverts to how it was. It cost hardly anything about £80 and was done in a few weeks. If you're in the States I am sure there are other companies that can do handbag repairs but research well first. The company I used was reputable and they collected and delivered the bag so it was insured. Its the best money I spent otherwise my square mini would just be sat in the cupboard.

I will try and find and post some photos of me but I don't have nearly as fantastic a figure as you do so please excuse me. I think its worth exploring for sure. Its one of the best things I've done as it makes my Chanel mini more usable. I also like doubling the chain too and as its now longer it looks love as a shoulder.
Thank you for your reply! I will check out the local handbag restoration places. Can’t wait to see how yours look after extended.

And thank you for your kind words. Alas, that was the past. I am trying to get back there though. Lol

I just called my chanel store (located in Nordstrom at Fashion Valley) and they told me the rectangle mini doesn't come in gold HW for Fall. Insert crying face emoji!!! Is Preloved market my only option?

On another note, I'm 5'7" so maybe I should refocus my efforts and try and find a Small Classic flap instead... thoughts?
I was told the same by my SA, I wanted the LGHW square mini, but bought the SHW anyway.

Im debating between the mini black with light gold hardware and the mini red in either light gold or silver hardware, and dark grey. Which one should I get? Please help!!!!
Thank you!

9F71EA84-E3AF-4E22-A43C-D40BE99F52DD.jpeg

667B0BF2-025D-41D8-8F96-64D7D3446E78.jpeg

3276DE82-37F1-446C-AE69-55787EF121FD.jpeg

Last edited: