Chanel micro bags, yay or nay?

Which micro bag?

• Total voters
So I just found out that the current mini trendy is actually SMALLER than past ones!! :confused1: I watched some review videos and the girl packed so much into it and I was thinking no way would that fit in mine. So I measured mine and compared it to what she measured and the side gusset is 1cm thinner and it now tapers towards the top (the older versions don't do that). SO if you do want the mini trendy and would like a little more space, maybe look for a preloved one from 22c or prior. I'm not sure how I feel about this lol, I was totally in love with it but now I feel like I got ripped off in space, but at the same time I can't help but think it looks nicer when it can't get so bulky.
I had the exact same story! I got the new trendy mini clutch and realized that it was much smaller than the older version. I was so torn about it and ended up returning it (because of the hardware though).

How are you liking yours so far? I still really love it and now am thinking about getting a pre-loved one from the older version....

I had the exact same story! I got the new trendy mini clutch and realized that it was much smaller than the older version. I was so torn about it and ended up returning it (because of the hardware though).

How are you liking yours so far? I still really love it and now am thinking about getting a pre-loved one from the older version....
So I actually found an older one on Fashionphile for a good price and bought it to compare. But I ended up keeping the newer version. I just felt like overall it was better proportioned. The flap on the older one feels "loose" when the bag is empty because it's longer to account for the extra depth. The new one is not like that. Also the strap drop is a little shorter on the newer version and that works better for me. I've used it a lot since I got it and while the extra space of the older version would be nice, I'm not sure it's needed for me. I posted a thread about it here

So I actually found an older one on Fashionphile for a good price and bought it to compare. But I ended up keeping the newer version. I just felt like overall it was better proportioned. The flap on the older one feels "loose" when the bag is empty because it's longer to account for the extra depth. The new one is not like that. Also the strap drop is a little shorter on the newer version and that works better for me. I've used it a lot since I got it and while the extra space of the older version would be nice, I'm not sure it's needed for me. I posted a thread about it here

Thanks for sharing! The comparison photos in your post are super helpful!!

May I ask how much was the old version bag you got from Fashionphile? I’m looking at that site as welll. They currently have a few in stock but all of them are priced higher than current retail price.

And did you find the bag in decent condition? I’ve never purchased pre-owned bags from them. Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks for sharing! The comparison photos in your post are super helpful!!

May I ask how much was the old version bag you got from Fashionphile? I’m looking at that site as welll. They currently have a few in stock but all of them are priced higher than current retail price.

And did you find the bag in decent condition? I’ve never purchased pre-owned bags from them. Any insight is appreciated!
I found it for a pretty good price, around 2600 and there was a 200 off 2000+ coupon at the time. Fashionphile listed it as excellent condition with scratches on the surface. But when I got it, I think the scratch they listed was just veining in the leather. It was a good deal so I was a little sad to return it, but I had already used the new one and wouldn't be able to return it to the boutique so it would have had to sell it if I decided to keep the fashionphile one. If you favorite all the ones you're interested in, they will send you alerts if it goes on sale so I would do that and then just wait until you find one with a price you're ok with. Good luck!

I found it for a pretty good price, around 2600 and there was a 200 off 2000+ coupon at the time. Fashionphile listed it as excellent condition with scratches on the surface. But when I got it, I think the scratch they listed was just veining in the leather. It was a good deal so I was a little sad to return it, but I had already used the new one and wouldn't be able to return it to the boutique so it would have had to sell it if I decided to keep the fashionphile one. If you favorite all the ones you're interested in, they will send you alerts if it goes on sale so I would do that and then just wait until you find one with a price you're ok with. Good luck!
Thanks so much for all the info and tips!! Planning to keep an eye on Fashioinphile and get one when the price is right :smile:

Reactions: YEANETT and idlehen
I purchased a Chanel mini flap and the leather on the strap had started to crack, which I’m not very pleased considering all the price increases, the brand is just getting too greedy and are starting to view all of us as idiots.

• Wow
Reactions: xsweetdreamx
I think of micro bags as accessories, or necklaces/ bracelets to accessorize an outfit, rather than a real handbag. Or as a collectible. Because after all you can't even fit a phone, so in my book it's not really a bag. But if money isn't an issue, and they are darn cute, then why not?

i have a micro and i bought it as my first chanel as 1) all mini’s were sold out lol 2) eventhough it was exorbitant/expensive it’s half the price of mini- i use it as an accessory and a statement piece- it sucks that my phone doesn’t fit but it looks super cute when i go out for dinner or a:Party etc- also where i live i am hesitant to wear chanel ir any designer stuff - so a micro its easier to wear eventhough its a statement piece- i feel its not tooooo much and more subtle F256B82E-7395-4F0A-8956-2C64E6CB3A8B.jpeg

Reactions: mscupcake