Chanel micro bags, yay or nay?

Which micro bag?

• Total voters

xsweetdreamx

Nov 24, 2021
Hi everyone,
I am thinking of adding a micro bag to my collection and have been eyeing a few from Chanel. I know many would say these are so impractical, don’t fit a lot, super tiny, pricey for what they can do… Others would say they are super cute, do fit the bare essentials, light, easy to hide/carry, less chance of rubbing/bumping into things…
What are some of your thoughts on Chanel micro bags? Do you have one? Would you recommend it?
My three current choices are: mini trendy, mini top handle vanity, mini too handle clutch with chain (pictures as below credit to youtube/chanel website)

74C13C82-7886-4FB8-885C-5064EA742A2B.jpeg

47C6730A-A9AE-4F06-8F4D-67D8F8B63B16.jpeg

55660CCF-413C-474A-98CE-6065DB2CE7F1.jpeg

I like small bags but it's very hard for me to see the functionality with these micro versions...I have a small sized phone and even that would likely not fit.

For me it's a no...but luxury shopping is so personal/subjective that it ultimately comes back to you and if you find it worth it!
Thank you for your input, i totally agree that these are very small although I usually don’t put my phone in my bag, but still undecided about the size

I have a mini trendy and that’ll probably be my only micro bag because I prefer bags that can fit my phone at least, but I just like the look of the mini trendy. I think the vanity with top handle can hold more and overall most functional?
Thank you!! I also don’t think I want more than one micro bags either and also heard the vanity can hold more things. However I also heard the zipper can be kind of annoying at times and part of me prefer the turn lock more. Do you find the too chanel metal bar getting scratches easily on your trendy?

I don't mind a mini bag but I would never pay Chanel prices
i can’t agree more with you on this, price is definitely the biggest factor when thinking about the functionality of these bags!

I personally love the micro purse trend for all the pros you mentioned! I’m also hoping Apple releases a foldable iPhone which there are rumors they might in 2023. It depends on your lifestyle. Personally I only carry the essentials with me and mini bags work.
Thank you, i am kind of in between but I am getting pretty good at only carrying my essentials these days lol plus I don’t usually put my phone in my purse so I guess it might work but maybe I’ll try them on one day at the boutique to see

Hi everyone,
I am thinking of adding a micro bag to my collection and have been eyeing a few from Chanel. I know many would say these are so impractical, don’t fit a lot, super tiny, pricey for what they can do… Others would say they are super cute, do fit the bare essentials, light, easy to hide/carry, less chance of rubbing/bumping into things…
What are some of your thoughts on Chanel micro bags? Do you have one? Would you recommend it?
My three current choices are: mini trendy, mini top handle vanity, mini too handle clutch with chain (pictures as below credit to youtube/chanel website)

View attachment 5355267

View attachment 5355268

View attachment 5355269
Totally with you on this. I am tossing between a mini trendy or a mini vanity (without top handle). I find the mini trendy so pretty. The depth of the bag is quite decent while the mini vanity seems to be more casual and thus may get more wear from it. Also caviar version is available too. So undecided too. And yes i won't buy more than one micro bag too!!

Will be excited to hear what's your choice.

• Thanks
Reactions: xsweetdreamx
Thank you for your input, i totally agree that these are very small although I usually don’t put my phone in my bag, but still undecided about the size

Thank you!! I also don’t think I want more than one micro bags either and also heard the vanity can hold more things. However I also heard the zipper can be kind of annoying at times and part of me prefer the turn lock more. Do you find the too chanel metal bar getting scratches easily on your trendy?

i can’t agree more with you on this, price is definitely the biggest factor when thinking about the functionality of these bags!
I believe if you don’t wrap your chain around it, it’s fine. But that wouldn’t stop me :P. Agree with the zipper part.

• Haha
I have the last one in light pink - the mini vanity top handle clutch? The zippered cube vanity. I will say the zipper on these are a little inconsistent. You may get one with a really smooth zipper but you may also get one with a less than smooth zipper. However, it is super cute (which is why I got it). I think practically, the mini vanity with top handle (middle picture) is probably the easiest to use because of the magnetic closure. I voted for the mini trendy though, because I also want one of those and because I don't really like the cotton-candy ombre of the other two. Also when I was looking at the micro bags, I read the strap drop for the mini vanity (middle picture) is quite long - 23inches. I think the drop on the other two are shorter so you may want to account for that in your decision.

• Thanks
Totally with you on this. I am tossing between a mini trendy or a mini vanity (without top handle). I find the mini trendy so pretty. The depth of the bag is quite decent while the mini vanity seems to be more casual and thus may get more wear from it. Also caviar version is available too. So undecided too. And yes i won't buy more than one micro bag too!!

Will be excited to hear what's your choice.
Thank you, i think the depth of the mini trendy is quite similar to the top handle clutch above. The only thing i am not sure about the trendy is the top metal part hence I am leaning toward the top handle clutch since a top handle looks so cute. I’ll keep you posted if i end up with one ;)

if you want a mini bag, have you thought of the mini classic rectangle or square? I just got the mini rectangle and I'm loving it. It's cute, versatile, and can fit phone and essentials. The price point would probably be more than these micro-bags, but I'm not sure how much more.
Thank you!!! I actually do own a caviar mini square and like you said, i love my mini, they can definitely fit a bunch and very functional. Definitely also something to consider, if i have a mini already, do i still need a micro bag lol?

Reactions: Chanellover2015
I have the last one in light pink - the mini vanity top handle clutch? The zippered cube vanity. I will say the zipper on these are a little inconsistent. You may get one with a really smooth zipper but you may also get one with a less than smooth zipper. However, it is super cute (which is why I got it). I think practically, the mini vanity with top handle (middle picture) is probably the easiest to use because of the magnetic closure. I voted for the mini trendy though, because I also want one of those and because I don't really like the cotton-candy ombre of the other two. Also when I was looking at the micro bags, I read the strap drop for the mini vanity (middle picture) is quite long - 23inches. I think the drop on the other two are shorter so you may want to account for that in your decision.
Thank you so much for the detailed response including the strap drop! That is a good point to consider, i would definitely want to try these on first before making any decisions. I also heard about the zipper issue, hence why I am a little indecisive. But you are right, it looks so cute especially at this size lol. Sorry I didn’t mention but definitely won’t get these in ombre color, those pictures are just to show the styles I was thinking of so at this point, the middle top handle clutch gets my attention the most…