Chanel Metiers d’Arts 2021 (21A)

Something is going on because my conversation went along the lines of:

Me: “I’m interested in some 21a bags, is the waitlist available yet?”

SA: It’s too early and we haven’t got our book yet, but let me know what you’re interested in so I can keep you in mind when we get it

Me: requests caramel flap

SA: those have all been reserved

And this same thing happened to another font at a different Chanel boutique

:/

omg exact thing happened when I was asking for 21s! So infuriating!!

Some bad news ladies. The vast majority of the standalone boutiques I’ve contacted (10+) have told me they are only getting 3-5 caramel flaps and all have waitlists that are already over 10 ppl. If anyone has an SA with a spot available please DM me.

I’m shocked to hear this. Any SA I contact has said they are not taking 21A yet and focusing on 21S only right now. Please let me know as well if you have a SA that is taking 21A for the light brown bag.

I’m shocked to hear this. Any SA I contact has said they are not taking 21A yet and focusing on 21S only right now. Please let me know as well if you have a SA that is taking 21A for the light brown bag.

Agreed. I’ve talked to my SA multiple times about 21A and she’s been consistent in telling me they have NOT received their buy book yet. I bring her photos from the forum and it’s the first time she’s seeing things.

That said, it seems clear that the caramel color is the one everyone wants and maybe boutiques have been hearing about it enough that they have gone ahead and created lists.

I’m not interested in the caramel, but my SA *has* been taking notes from me on various items I want to be put down for the moment the lists ‘open’. Maybe if SAs are doing that for folks who want the caramel, they can already tell that the lists will be full.

This is like a rat race. It’s insane. I don’t try too hard to get an item. I never buy preloved or from a reseller no matter how much I like the item. I enjoy the boutique experience and prefer to meet my bag in person before I give my credit card. It feels “meant to be” if I manage to find an item I like in stores. Otherwise, there is just too many items that I will want to get if I am able to reserve or buy from resellers. Luckily (or not so luckily), I don’t have a relationship with an SA that can get me all the bags I want. :biggrin: I’m obsessed with Chanel and it’s not good for my wallet if I don’t have any restrain.

Agreed. I’ve talked to my SA multiple times about 21A and she’s been consistent in telling me they have NOT received their buy book yet. I bring her photos from the forum and it’s the first time she’s seeing things.

That said, it seems clear that the caramel color is the one everyone wants and maybe boutiques have been hearing about it enough that they have gone ahead and created lists.

I’m not interested in the caramel, but my SA *has* been taking notes from me on various items I want to be put down for the moment the lists ‘open’. Maybe if SAs are doing that for folks who want the caramel, they can already tell that the lists will be full.
My manager at my stand alone boutique told me they rolled the waitlists over from 21P brown to 21A brown. Brown being the caramel. That’s why it is so difficult to get on the list.

My manager at my stand alone boutique told me they rolled the waitlists over from 21P brown to 21A brown. Brown being the caramel. That’s why it is so difficult to get on the list.

It seems Bc of that, department stores may be the best way through. But they are also so unpredictable. For NM, the SAs are doing a draw to see who gets to put their clients on the waitlist first. So u don’t know where your SA will draw and if she’ll be able to get you on.

It seems Bc of that, department stores may be the best way through. But they are also so unpredictable. For NM, the SAs are doing a draw to see who gets to put their clients on the waitlist first. So u don’t know where your SA will draw and if she’ll be able to get you on.
This.
I used to be able to get the bags I wanted if I was early enough. After Chanel recently started sending limited quantities to the boutiques, my SA would tell me , "it's not guaranteed but I'll do the best I can" which I didn't understand, and she couldn't quite explain it in detail. After some prodding, I asked if they switched to a lottery system, which she finally said yes to. I guess this is what she meant.

• Sad
Reactions: platanoparty