• Meidium classic flap

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • Medium Diana

Votes: 25 39.7%

• Total voters

Laurenk5

Feb 20, 2019
Hi purse forum,

I’ve been on the hunt for a medium classic flap bag on black. In my searching, I also discovered that I really like the Diana flap, especially since the strap is a little longer (I’m a tall girl) and it’s not quite as common as the classic flap.

That being said, I’m worried I’ll have fomo for not getting the timeless classic flap.

What do you think?
(Below I’m sharing ones I’ve tried on at luxury resale shops in Paris, I tried the classic flap in beige because they didn’t have black)

Attachments

• A3999AC8-8442-4ABC-A9CA-61FEF77877D9.png
    A3999AC8-8442-4ABC-A9CA-61FEF77877D9.png
    994.4 KB · Views: 372
  • 24C63F32-F36A-4651-B5B3-FC4B29280BCF.png
    24C63F32-F36A-4651-B5B3-FC4B29280BCF.png
    978 KB · Views: 374
Hi purse forum,
I’ve been on the hunt for a medium classic flap bag on black. In my searching, I also discovered that I really like the Diana flap, especially since the strap is a little longer (I’m a tall girl) and it’s not quite as common as the classic flap.
That being said, I’m worried I’ll have fomo for not getting the timeless classic flap. What do you think?
(Below I’m sharing ones I’ve tried on at luxury resale shops in Paris, I tried the classic flap in beige because they didn’t have black)

Since I'm one of those people who find the medium double flap too small, I'd choose the Diana. I prefer single flap bags because they're just so easy to get in and out of and for me at least, it feels bigger.

I was going to say to go with the Diana, but then I saw the pic of you with the beige medium flap. I love that particular shade of beige w/ghw so I'd say go with the beige. There are a lot of Dianas on the preloved market. Is there a particular color/leather you're looking for? Black lamb seems to be the most common.

Reactions: Laurenk5
I live in Paris too, could you please share the boutique's name, or send me a private message? I've been looking for good consignment shops and don't know a lot.

For me I prefer the classic, and I've learnt the hard Chanel lesson of not getting the classic bag then regretting after harsh price increases. I think if you get the classic flap then you can always resell it at a good price to get the Diana if you want to but not the other way around =)

Hey, thanks for your input. I have to admit I like the look of the lambskin vintage Chanels the best. The beige is quite pretty, but honestly I still want black since it will be my first Chanel purse.

The the medium classic flap is so hard to find at a good price with the code still in tact, authenticity card, and accessories like the dust bag (If I'm spending this much money, I want it all!)

Any recommendations on where to look? ID

I was going to say to go with the Diana, but then I saw the pic of you with the beige medium flap. I love that particular shade of beige w/ghw so I'd say go with the beige. There are a lot of Dianas on the preloved market. Is there a particular color/leather you're looking for? Black lamb seems to be the most common.

I personally like how the Diana looks on you and I think the longer strap gives more versatility since you can wear it both crossbody and on your shoulder, whereas I’ve read that many people find wearing the classic flap crossbody a little awkward.

As far as capacity goes, I don’t have a classic M/L but I have a reissue 225 which I’ve read is a similar capacity. I would say my medium Diana definitely holds more while still looking pretty sleek.

Ultimately there’s no wrong decision - both are great choices. The Diana was my first Chanel bag bc I’m a sucker for the gold plated hardware, and as you said, it’s not as common :smile:

Reactions: Laurenk5
I just got the Diana after months of looking, and I have to say it’s very hard to find in excellent condition for a reasonable price. But even then it is much less than the cost of a medium flap.

Price aside, I think you will still want a classic flap if you choose to get the Diana.

I'm a bit late to the game but I think you should go for the Classic Flap if that's what your heart wants. Never settle! Even if you bought the Diana now, you'll still want the Classic Flap later. I've experienced this before too and you will eventually end up getting what your heart truly calls for.

Thanks to everyone who provided their feeback to my question! I wanted to share with you all that I bought a medium classic flap in black lambskin from https://designer-stories.com/ a designer vintage shop in the Netherlands. I discovered them through insta https://www.instagram.com/designerstories.nl/?hl=fr

I had a really nice exchange with the owner of the shop Juliette, very easy to talk to and transparent. I bought myself a little bit of a fixer-upper, but I just had a good feeling about it (will share pics in the next post).

Planning to send my bag to https://www.claireshandbagcare.com/ for restoring, she's apparently very well known in the Netherlands. I would have said leather surgeons, but they are in the US and I'm based in France for now. Does anyone have any recommendations in France or close by for Chanel restoration?
Lauren

Thanks to everyone who provided their feeback to my question! I wanted to share with you all that I bought a medium classic flap in black lambskin from https://designer-stories.com/ a designer vintage shop in the Netherlands. I discovered them through insta https://www.instagram.com/designerstories.nl/?hl=fr

I had a really nice exchange with the owner of the shop Juliette, very easy to talk to and transparent. I bought myself a little bit of a fixer-upper, but I just had a good feeling about it (will share pics in the next post).

Planning to send my bag to https://www.claireshandbagcare.com/ for restoring, she's apparently very well known in the Netherlands. I would have said leather surgeons, but they are in the US and I'm based in France for now. Does anyone have any recommendations in France or close by for Chanel restoration?
Lauren
I came cross Designer Stories in the Netherlands on the internet and LOVE their stuff. I was looking for reviews on the internet. Did you get the bag authenticated by a third party before the purchase? I am interested in a bag on their website and would love to know if there is anything else you can share about your experience. Do you know anyone else who purchased from Designer Stories?