Chanel Medium flap in caviar wear and tear?

Moniqq

Sep 1, 2017
Hi guys!

Just bought my new chanel flap in caviar finish medium size yesterday in the Galleria mall here in Abu Dhabi for 25,730AED and I was so happy. This is the first time I ever went inside a Chanel store and I was so hesitant because of the horror stories that I have read. But thank god when I went inside, they were very welcoming and my sa was so lovely! I must say that she is one of most charming sa I have encountered! She explained to me about the bag and even told the history of the bag that I have bought.

I must say the customer service in LV is way more disappointing thanany otherbrands. I remember when I went inside the store to buy my bag the male sa was really unprofessional texting and using her phone while I'm checkin the bag.Idk but I always have this weird feeling whenever I'm entering that store.

Sad to say that in terms of design and the overAll of THE bag I prefer LV, Gucci or Dior over Chanel except from this classic flap that Ihave bought. I noticed that the bags in Chanellooks boring and dry.

Would like to know about or can you share with me the wear and tear of this bag since its my first time owning it and what are the do's and dont's? Do you have any bad experiences in Chanel?

28C6A765-378E-4658-8D9D-8291E895CB67.jpeg

B560613F-CD36-4B1E-8E18-5BA4898C3822.jpeg

5B03E5F3-BDA8-4394-BC11-04A912638AE0.jpeg

B59C34D6-54D0-4F81-BA76-3141386DEB9F.jpeg

A783DD0C-7BEC-4DC4-9C9C-7A8385537DC9.jpeg

96C75C0C-BC77-4F8C-A513-B42F26C1BEC3.jpeg

Hi guys!

Just bought my new chanel flap in caviar finish medium size yesterday in the Galleria mall here in Abu Dhabi for 25,730AED and I was so happy. This is the first time I ever went inside a Chanel store and I was so hesitant because of the horror stories that I have read. But thank god when I went inside, they were very welcoming and my sa was so lovely! I must say that she is one of most charming sa I have encountered! She explained to me about the bag and even told the history of the bag that I have bought.

I must say the customer service in LV is way more disappointing thanany otherbrands. I remember when I went inside the store to buy my bag the male sa was really unprofessional texting and using her phone while I'm checkin the bag.Idk but I always have this weird feeling whenever I'm entering that store.

Sad to say that in terms of design and the overAll of THE bag I prefer LV, Gucci or Dior over Chanel except from this classic flap that Ihave bought. I noticed that the bags in Chanellooks boring and dry.

Would like to know about or can you share with me the wear and tear of this bag since its my first time owning it and what are the do's and dont's? Do you have any bad experiences in Chanel?

View attachment 4970915

View attachment 4970916

View attachment 4970917

View attachment 4970919

View attachment 4970922

View attachment 4970924
First of all, congrats on your new bag! It looks lovely! I would say there’s not that much to do or not do as the caviar is very hard-wearing. I would say make sure you store it in its dust bag standing up and not lying flat. Don’t store in the box. I always keep the tissue paper in mine and also the felt under the flap, although I’ve owned flaps previously and not done this and it was fine. I owned a caviar Boy bag for several years and used it a lot, and there was not a single sign of wear and tear on it, even on the corners, so you will be fine with your flap, just watch the hardware as it scratches easily on the CC. Also, don’t overfill it with too many of your things as that can distort the shape.

First of all, congrats on your new bag! It looks lovely! I would say there’s not that much to do or not do as the caviar is very hard-wearing. I would say make sure you store it in its dust bag standing up and not lying flat. Don’t store in the box. I always keep the tissue paper in mine and also the felt under the flap, although I’ve owned flaps previously and not done this and it was fine. I owned a caviar Boy bag for several years and used it a lot, and there was not a single sign of wear and tear on it, even on the corners, so you will be fine with your flap, just watch the hardware as it scratches easily on the CC. Also, don’t overfill it with too many of your things as that can distort the shape.

Thanks so much for the feedback! Yeah I noticed it also on my Gucci Marmont, the shape was distorted after filling it with so many things and it looked dry after using it under the sun. They're the same material calfskin leather. For the hardware, I'll put clear 3m plastic cover on the sides to protect it, it's really effective! I'm just worried about the puffiness of the bag perhaps it will be flatten overtime coz I really love the look and feel of it! I store all my bags inside the dustbag and I use leather cleaner to nourish the leather.

Thanks so much for the feedback! Yeah I noticed it also on my Gucci Marmont, the shape was distorted after filling it with so many things and it looked dry after using it under the sun. They're the same material calfskin leather. For the hardware, I'll put clear 3m plastic cover on the sides to protect it, it's really effective! I'm just worried about the puffiness of the bag perhaps it will be flatten overtime coz I really love the look and feel of it! I store all my bags inside the dustbag and I use leather cleaner to nourish the leather.
I’ve never had any issue with the quilts deflating so you should be fine. They say with lambskin not to store the bag flat on its back, as that can flatten the quilts, so I do the same for caviar as well.

Congrats!!!! Your bag is stunning! You chose super well.
So, i’m al little crazy with my bags, I like to keep them looking new. So here are a few things I do to help keep it looking brand new:
-when I open up the bag, i dont open the flap far back to prevent the creasing happening on the top of the bag for as long as possible.
-i dont use the pocket on the back of the bag because its made out of leather in and out so it can stretch out.
-when you pick up your bag, never pick it up by grabbing with ur hand at the top. It will pinch the bag at the top and could create a crease. Always pick it up by the chains
-When not in use, make sure the chains are away from the leather or else they could leave an imprint on the leather.
I know i’m abit intense but just sharing what works for me

Congrats!!!! Your bag is stunning! You chose super well.
So, i’m al little crazy with my bags, I like to keep them looking new. So here are a few things I do to help keep it looking brand new:
-when I open up the bag, i dont open the flap far back to prevent the creasing happening on the top of the bag for as long as possible.
-i dont use the pocket on the back of the bag because its made out of leather in and out so it can stretch out.
-when you pick up your bag, never pick it up by grabbing with ur hand at the top. It will pinch the bag at the top and could create a crease. Always pick it up by the chains
-When not in use, make sure the chains are away from the leather or else they could leave an imprint on the leather.
I know i’m abit intense but just sharing what works for me

Thanks so much that's a great advice! I'm plannin to buy a smaller wallet now I just realized that my phone and my compact wallet could distort the shape of the bag overtime. This bag is sooo small coz I want to use my bag whenever I travel especially this year perhaps we'll move to US and I just realized that I couldn't fit my stuff in my bag!

When I was in the store the Jumbo was too big for my frame but I could load a lot of things in there. It looks like an old lady bag not for younger generations. I would like to ask if I can put something behind the flap inside the bag the pocket between the inner and outside flap?
Did u had any experience that the leather esp caviar had scuffs? How about in the rain? Is it the same as Lv which can leave water marks?

Thanks so much that's a great advice! I'm plannin to buy a smaller wallet now I just realized that my phone and my compact wallet could distort the shape of the bag overtime. This bag is sooo small coz I want to use my bag whenever I travel especially this year perhaps we'll move to US and I just realized that I couldn't fit my stuff in my bag!

When I was in the store the Jumbo was too big for my frame but I could load a lot of things in there. It looks like an old lady bag not for younger generations. I would like to ask if I can put something behind the flap inside the bag the pocket between the inner and outside flap?
Did u had any experience that the leather esp caviar had scuffs? How about in the rain? Is it the same as Lv which can leave water marks?
Caviar is fine in the rain. Doesn’t leave watermarks and you can just wipe right off. I’ve even been caught in downpours with lambskin bags and it’s been fine.

Reactions: Moniqq

I wouldnt put things in the section between the 2 flaps but i know a lot of people do. So, it really depends on you. Afterall it is a purse and we should use it haha but i’m still always worried of ruining the structure. The rain wont leave any water marks, you can just wipe it off, but again I always check the temperature before leaving the house and if there is a risk of rain I dont use my nice purses. You can also always keep a grocery store plastic bag inside ur purse incase of rain. Then you would be able to cover it up and protect till u get home.

Reactions: Moniqq
I wouldnt put things in the section between the 2 flaps but i know a lot of people do. So, it really depends on you. Afterall it is a purse and we should use it haha but i’m still always worried of ruining the structure. The rain wont leave any water marks, you can just wipe it off, but again I always check the temperature before leaving the house and if there is a risk of rain I dont use my nice purses. You can also always keep a grocery store plastic bag inside ur purse incase of rain. Then you would be able to cover it up and protect till u get home.
Yes, good tip. I used to do that when I used some delicate bags.

Ohh okay will note about that!

I’ve just gotten a small classic in caviar and gold hardware 2 months ago, I’ve only used it occassionally but I do check it almost every single day, however yesterday I noticed there’s a fold on one of the quilts. Any advice on what I should do? Is this normal?

I won’t highlight where it is so you can tell for yourself if its too much or if I should just live with it.

Also, pleasure to see someone living in the UAE. I got my flap at the Dubai Mall boutique.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 5B42E4F6-06C5-40FE-8068-CB7B03411FA9.jpeg
    5B42E4F6-06C5-40FE-8068-CB7B03411FA9.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 130
I’ve just gotten a small classic in caviar and gold hardware 2 months ago, I’ve only used it occassionally but I do check it almost every single day, however yesterday I noticed there’s a fold on one of the quilts. Any advice on what I should do? Is this normal?

I won’t highlight where it is so you can tell for yourself if its too much or if I should just live with it.

Also, pleasure to see someone living in the UAE. I got my flap at the Dubai Mall boutique.

Thanks!
By the way, it’s more noticeable in person and even more so when you touch it. The quilt have basically become flat.

I am also very particular in protecting my Chanel bags. To me they are my babies and investment. Other than one of the Chanel tote bag ,I will put my Chanel bag in a clear transparent bag to protect them while going out, this is simple for my zipper bags. Flap bags I have not use them yet as I have not figure out how to protect them while carrying them.