CHANEL Medallion Tote

Yes, I've read that the handles are different. The difference also causes one or the others' handles/straps to be floppy, and the other handle version to stay in an up position. Hope that makes sense. I'll look for where I read this.

'Double rolled handles will either stand or fall sideways - depending on origin. Totes made in France will have handles that lay sideways, whilst those made in Italy will stand upwards (one of the trivias of this model!).'

The above statement was made in a listing for a caviar Medallion tote. The bag was on the Boutique Patina site, which is a reputable and knowledgeable reseller/consignor.

Thanks. Then I am glad I got the made in Italy one!

Do you have your new bag already? Caviar or lambskin? I'm curious if the lambskin is the same as the caviar. The statement I copied/pasted was repeatedly stated in the caviar listings (all sold), yet the one lambskin Medallion (made in France) on site currently for sale doesn't have this statement. Now I'm curious.

Do you have your new bag already? Caviar or lambskin? I'm curious if the lambskin is the same as the caviar. The statement I copied/pasted was repeatedly stated in the caviar listings (all sold), yet the one lambskin Medallion (made in France) on site currently for sale doesn't have this statement. Now I'm curious.
I have a beige caviar preowned in very good condition.

It may be common to have floppy handles for the made in France Medallion but it's not true for all. I bought mine almost 9 years ago at the Chanel boutique. I still have it. I used it more back then. It's made in France and the handles are still upright :smile:

Congrats on getting yours OP!

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
i have a black made in italy and a green made in france. no difference in mine at all. i think maybe storage has a lot to do with it, i always store them upright with a small ribbon on the top of the handles, always have

Reactions: bh4me