chanel med. flap or VINTAGE XL JUMBO?

iamsecksi

O.G.
Jul 16, 2008
Hello ladies and gents!

I'm in a real delimma right now :confused1: I bought chanel medium flap in lambskin/GHW last summer, I was totally in love with it but now i barely use it because it doesn't fit a lot of stuff for me and after browsing through the forums, I see a lot of the VINTAGE XL JUMBO in lamskin, ghw. I LOVEEEEE that it's so big and the CC logo is also so big! After drooling over celebrity's pics of fashion queen Victoria Beckham and hot mama Nicole Richie, I KNEW I WANTED IT ! Soo.. i ordered it on ebay and it should be comming soon. As a student still in college, I know i can only have ONE of them.. i really don't know what to do because I really do love my chanel med. flap... great for nights out. The price I paid for the vintage jumbo xl is about the same as the chanel med. flap.

please, help me decide, should i return the Vintage XL jumbo or sell my chanel med. flap?

Its really up to you which one you decide to keep. M/L is usually for evenings because the bag is smaller in size. However, XL is great for everyday because of the larger size. I love both bags and they do have completely different looks...what about keeping BOTH? :graucho:

Both are very nice, it's a tough decision. If there's any chance that you can keep both, I'd vote for that option.
If that's not possible ask yourself which bag you love the most. Would you regret it if you would sell the m/l? Maybe you should wait until the XL arrives and compare both of them in the mirror to see which one you prefer.
Or maybe you can post some modeling pics with both bags here, that we can help you to decide.

As much as I love both my M/L's and my vintage XL I would say definitely keep the vintage XL seeing as you haven't used your M/L for a while.
The XL is alittle heavy though (it does hurt my shoulder after carrying it for a while).

thanks girls... I will be posting pics as sooon as I get it.

I do understand that the prices of chanel are increasing
does that apply to vintage pieces also? I have heard people get theirs XL jumbo for about only 1k! I kind of feel upset to pay 2.3k for a used bag, but it's in supposingly MINT condition. I loveeee the look of it and I'm a bit worried of how it would look on me as I'm a very petite girl (5'2).

The price that the bag sells for would depend on the condition, a bag in better condition will sell at a higher price. Are you talking about the original retail price being 1k? The large CC hardware is very sought after so its all about supply and demand. I have paid wayy over retail for many of my bags but they are rare and no longer availble items ! Its all about what the buyer is willing to pay and Chanel has HUGE price hikes every year so $2k for a jumbo does not seem so bad when compared to the current retail price.

Well said!!

I too always end up paying more than retail for my bags too because they are rare (and because the Chanel prices here are waaaayyyy more than in the States and Europe!)

The price that the bag sells for would depend on the condition, a bag in better condition will sell at a higher price. Are you talking about the original retail price being 1k? The large CC hardware is very sought after so its all about supply and demand. I have paid wayy over retail for many of my bags but they are rare and no longer availble items ! Its all about what the buyer is willing to pay and Chanel has HUGE price hikes every year so $2k for a jumbo does not seem so bad when compared to the current retail price.