Chanel Maxi in Caviar or Lambskin? SH or GH?

i pre-ordered a lambskin with gold hardware for the maxi. i have not recieved the bag yet and won't for a few weeks. i am also second guessing my decision as i pre-paid for mine but am worried as i heard the lambskin is now softer. i don't know if i should trade it for the caviar either. if the caviar is softer than before, i am afraid the lambskin will be much worse. what to do what to do? can't wait to see your modeling pix.

I saw the maxi today at the Chanel btq. i liked the maxi caviar much more than the lambskin. For one, you won't have to worry about scratches/scuff marks on the caviar when you carry it as a messenger bag. Also, the silver chain looks great with the caviar. The soft texture was nice as it was rather easy to handle. It's a great bag worn casually with jeans or for nice events...rather pleasing to the eye as it was youthful and classy. Regarding the lambskin, I personally think it looks a bit dated and gaudy...something that was issued back in the 80's.

I finally had a chance to take some pictures of the Maxi with me! Here they are. What do you think? Should I keep the Caviar? I got the bag in the SF Chanel store and did see the Lambskin with SH if anyone is interested. I'm not sure if it's still there but they can definitely order one for you. I know the NM in SF aren't getting them in until late Feb.

Do you think it's too big on me? I love big bags and I'm only 5'2!

Attachments

• Chanel maxi self3.jpg
    Chanel maxi self3.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 3,219
  • Chanel maxi self4.jpg
    Chanel maxi self4.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 2,489
I think it looks fab on you, thanks for sharing!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi, sfshopgirl. The bag looks great on you. You should keep it! Would you mind sharing the price of the Chanel Maxi? Been waiting for it to come out and finally it's here. Unfortunately, there's no Chanel boutique in Manila nor any department store that carries Chanel bags. I might just ask a friend in the U.S. to get one for me. I posted this same question on another thread (re Maxis) 2 days ago but nobody has answered my question until now. I hope you can tell me how much the Chanel Maxi is in the U.S. Thanks in advance!

Hi BagMyHeartOut,
I got the Caviar Maxi for $2895 plus tax. I believe the lambskin is a bit more for $3195. Good luck! I hope you get one of your friends to get you one. If not, I'm sure you can call one of the Chanel Boutiques in the US and they'll probably ship it to you. I can't see why they wouldn't. If you're looking for a SA, call Cari at the Chanel Boutique in SF. Her number is 415-981-1550. Happy Shopping!