Chanel Maxi Dilemma - Second Thoughts

lovechanel920

Feb 4, 2010
CA
So I got a Maxi and am just thinking its way too large for me. I really want a smaller bag, perhaps the medium or the jumbo, but more so the medium. I love how the bag looks on one strap, and I think only the medium does that for me.

So, now that prices are flying through the roof, what do I do? Suck it up and keep my maxi, or get a new medium?

What is the medium going for right now anyways?

lallybelle

O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
NYC
Well if you want to get it before the next increase you better try tracking one down right now. They are already becomming HTF. The M/L is 3900.00 it will be 4,400.00 soon.

Beanskitty

O.G.
Feb 18, 2009
I wouldn't "settle" for a bag that I really didn't love, just because of the upcoming price increase. If it isn't perfect for you, it's too expensive, whatever the cost. You won't get as much joy out of using a bag that you didn't really want.

So I got a Maxi and am just thinking its way too large for me. I really want a smaller bag, perhaps the medium or the jumbo, but more so the medium. I love how the bag looks on one strap, and I think only the medium does that for me.

So, now that prices are flying through the roof, what do I do? Suck it up and keep my maxi, or get a new medium?

What is the medium going for right now anyways?

mlag724

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
I would get what I loved most. I got the jumbo and wished I had gotten M/L. Now I'm trying to convince myself that I should go for the M/L no matter the price.

MollieO

May 20, 2011
Washington DC
I bought the Maxi Take Away tonight in black. I wanted the taupe, but I didn't want a jumbo. I have a black caviar jumbo and I can barely get my stuff in it. SO happy I got the perfect size. If you want a medium or jumbo and it fits your lifestyle, don't keep it. My SA said the classics are drying up and HTF. The buyers for NM can't get them. If you can exchange- do it.

MiniMi

Jan 1, 2012
If I were in your situation, I would get the medium. It sounds like this style is a better fit for you. Don't "settle" for anything, get what you love! Good luck and I hope I helped you in your decision making.

piglett

live. love. life.
Jul 22, 2011
Australia
get the medium! run to the store and do it now!!!!!!! :police:

i have a M/L flap and i love it to bits. fits everything i need! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

and it sounds like you don't love the maxi.....