Chanel M/L Classic flap in Caviar leather made in Italy?

feliciajj

Feb 17, 2018
I just wonder any one has got a Chanel M/L flap in Caviar leather recently which is made in Italy? I just got one that's MII. It seems the caviar leather is more shiny and puffer on the MII one than the MIF one. I wonder anyone has similar experience? How would a M/L flap MII affect its resale value than the ones MIF? Many thanks!

Reactions: vivaciousbev1
Most of my Chanel bags r made in Italy. In general, I don't think we here at the Chanel forum are that bothered about where the bag is made, as long as it has no defects. The made in France preference I think is more an LV thing.

Not exactly what you are asking for but used to own Jumbo MII and it was superb, shiny and puffy. Then eyed M/L MiF and it felt cheap, plastic-cky(sorry M/L lovers) and different type of caviar so i passed.

Reactions: Kayceedee88
Not exactly what you are asking for but used to own Jumbo MII and it was superb, shiny and puffy. Then eyed M/L MiF and it felt cheap, plastic-cky(sorry M/L lovers) and different type of caviar so i passed.

My SA told me one of her clients recently rejected a MIF M/L for the exact same reason...! She also told me the caviar leather differs from batch to batch with some being more dull and some being shinier and puffier....

I am end up with one MII as My husband just got me one yesterday and MII, leather feel like jumbo, very study but leather dull and dry.
Already had crack may be due to the dryness of leather, will exchange tomorrow, fingers cross !!!

I bought the same chanel M/l in black caviar GHW just recently and it was MII. I heard that most M/L are MIF. I did research and watch youtube videos on the same bag and 9/10 were all MIF. I'm not complaining. Mine looks great! It just makes me wonder if the M/L MII will still hold its resale value like the MIF.

I bought the same chanel M/l in black caviar GHW just recently and it was MII. I heard that most M/L are MIF. I did research and watch youtube videos on the same bag and 9/10 were all MIF. I'm not complaining. Mine looks great! It just makes me wonder if the M/L MII will still hold its resale value like the MIF.

I doubt it, personally I don’t bother even looking at the made in. I simply check the leather, stitching, lining, and that the hologram card is there. However I might be in the minority?

I just wonder any one has got a Chanel M/L flap in Caviar leather recently which is made in Italy? I just got one that's MII. It seems the caviar leather is more shiny and puffer on the MII one than the MIF one. I wonder anyone has similar experience? How would a M/L flap MII affect its resale value than the ones MIF? Many thanks!
I do! When I was buying a medium flap they offered one to me MIF, but caviar was stretched st the seams and caviar was dull and not puffy. I told SA to locate a puffy and shiny one, when I got it I was surprised it was MII...