Chanel, LV or another holiday?

Adlyn

Jan 4, 2011
I'll be 40 in 2 months' time and DH asks me what I want for my birthday this morning. Here are my thoughts ...

Option 1: I have always wanted a Chanel Jumbo Flap in Lambskin but ...

Option 2: DH reckons that rather than spending $5k+ on a bag, I could get a few LVs instead. DH is right in a way but I have most of the LV I wanted and don't have any in mind now.

Option 3: Before DH asked me what I want for my birthday this morning, he was actually planning to go on a family holiday in Asia. It is a good idea of celebrating my birthday with DH and DDs where everyone could have fun together. We go holidays every term breaks and we just came back from 2 weeks' cruise recently.

Here's my thoughts. Rather than spending at least $10k on another holiday, I could get my Chanel for half that cost. But on the other hand, I feel guilty getting a bag in the expense of a family holiday.

DH said the final decision lies on me since it is my birthday present and he wants me to be happy. It will be perfect if I could have both the holiday and Chanel but then I think I am asking for too much.

What is your thought? Chanel or holiday?

Last edited:
Definitely the Chanel (though I'd go with caviar rather than lambskin - my WOC scratched first time out). I got my jumbo flap for my 10 year anniversary and it is spectacular. My guess is you have put your family first at every opportunity. This is your day! 40 is fabulous and a Chanel flap is about as fabulous as it gets.

Last edited:
If you go on holidays every term break and just got back from one, I would go for the Chanel!!!

That's what I thought too. But I feel bad getting a bag in the expense of a family holiday especially when I am given an option. My DDs overheard my conversation with DH this morning when he mentioned the holiday. They were so excited and told me that they wanted to go Disneyland again. I did not want to disappoint them (they are only 4 years old) but then my evil thoughts told me that they have been to Disneyland four times over the last few years and maybe I should get my HG bag. Arggg .... I really don't enjoy making such decision :-s

I'll be 40 in 2 months' time and DH asks me what I want for my birthday this morning. Here are my thoughts ...

Option 1: I have always wanted a Chanel Jumbo Flap in Lambskin but ...

Option 2: DH reckons that rather than spending $5k+ on a bag, I could get a few LVs instead. DH is right in a way but I have most of the LV I wanted and don't have any in mind now.

Option 3: Before DH asked me what I want for my birthday this morning, he was actually planning to go on a family holiday in Asia. It is a good idea of celebrating my birthday with DH and DDs where everyone could have fun together. We go holidays every term breaks and we just came back from 2 weeks' cruise recently.

Here's my thoughts. Rather than spending at least $10k on another holiday, I could get my Chanel for half that cost. But on the other hand, I feel guilty getting a bag in the expense of a family holiday.

DH said the final decision lies on me since it is my birthday present and he wants me to be happy. It will be perfect if I could have both the holiday and Chanel but then I think I am asking for too much.

What is your thought? Chanel or holiday?
Wow, I know how you feel! I feel guilty sometimes when I get something at the expense of my family (like in your case.) BUT you also just came back from a vacay so don't feel too bad. If there's really no LV that you want at the moment, I'd go for Chanel and not look at anything for a while before it makes you change your mind! (I have a habit of always thinking the grass is greener on the other side)

Wow, I know how you feel! I feel guilty sometimes when I get something at the expense of my family (like in your case.) BUT you also just came back from a vacay so don't feel too bad. If there's really no LV that you want at the moment, I'd go for Chanel and not look at anything for a while before it makes you change your mind! (I have a habit of always thinking the grass is greener on the other side)

Thanks sweetie. Hopefully I don't look like a bad mum who only indulge in bags ;)

Definitely the Chanel (though I'd go with caviart han lambskin - my WOC scratched first time out). I got my jumbo flap for my 10 year anniversary and it is spectacular. My guess is you have put your family first at every opportunity. This is your day! 40 is fabulous and a Chanel flap is about as fabulous as it gets.

I was considering between caviar and lambskin and decided to go for lambskin because it is more lux. But my decision is not final, might go for caviar instead as I am not a careful person especially when going out with DDs.

definitely the Chanel!
There are no lv's you are loving at the moment, you just had a holiday, and the chanel is something special that you can keep forever, remembering it was for the big 40!