Chanel Luxury Bowler vs. MJ Elise

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Ok, I'm curious for some input.... I have yet to see the Chanel Luxury line in person--but the bowler is really growing on me. I'd like to get it in the metallic black but in the medium size--not the giant one that's on the website... But the MJ Elise in chalk patent is also beautiful... Opinions? Ideas?

2. I personally think the MJ patent looks like plastic...ok ...dont hit me people...I know there are alot of fans for these bags..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.I have a lux Chanel bag and LOVE IT!The Chanel was the best money I have spent thus far!...Plus get it at Saks during a GC event and get a 300.00 dollar GC!!!

3. I agree with Jill. The quality of a Chanel bag is amazing.

4. I'd pick a Chanel over MJ any day. I do like MJ. I have a Blake that I love, but if I had the choice between a Chanel or any MJ bag I'd go with Chanel.

5. I love the shape and chain detailing on the Chanel luxury line bowler, but I'm not a fan of the giant logo emblazoned on the front. I prefer logos to be more subdued. Still, everything else about these bags is pretty spectacular--especially the metallic black color.

I also love MJs chalk Elise (bought one myself) and for the price, I feel like it's an incredible bag that I will be able to carry for many years.

I don't think you will go wrong with either of these choices--it really depends on whether you want to spend a bit (okay, a lot) more on the Chanel!

6. Of course Chanel, but it's double the price of the MJ. So that's something to think about too...

7. ooooh..I just got a Neimans catogue in the mail and the MJ bag comes in regular quilted leather...not patent...its BBBBEEEEEEEEEAUUUUUUtiful!!!!!!!! Just another option to consider!!!!

8. I know what you mean about that logo... I was hoping that it won't be so "obvious" in metallic black... But the bags do look beautiful in the color!

The Elise is great--I do think I'd carry it for years too. I need to consider the price and which bag will get more use :P Btw, have you used your Chalk Elise yet?

9. I love them both. The Chanel bowler is quite expensive so I'd get the Elise.

10. Definitely the Chanel, not really an MJ fan (well, of his own lines).

11. I have not used it yet, but I am 99% sure I am keeping it (can't be 100% sure till I load it up and take it out). At least I have finally ruled out the midnight. Now I'm just waiting for spring weather to arrive so I can show it off!

12. I vote for Chanel, if price isn't an issue!

13. i love the patent mj elise, i think it's so ladylike, but with an edge because of the patent and the distressing and i really like the contrast. i think i like the black better than the chalk, though, if it was chalk vs. chanel, then i might go chanel. do they make the elise in that beautiful blue color MJ has this season? i haven't seen it.

14. I vote for Chanel!

15. Despite all the Chanel votes, I'm leaning towards the Elise. I looked at the regular leather luxury line bags tonight at my local NM. Although they were attractive, they just weren't doing it for me. Keep the input coming though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice