Chanel Luxe Bowlers - Classic or Fad?

Did you try on the black metallic flap? I always thought it would be too dressy for me so imagine my surprise when I got it and had to force myself to put it away. It doesn't hold as much as the bowler, but it is light and comfortable, yet still edgy and classy.

I tried the metallic flap originally but ruled it out because it doesn't close completely. My bag always seems to fall off my car seat and everything falls out. That's one of the reasons I wanted a zip top. I am going to use this bag for everyday. I usually wear jeans. It will get a lost of wear. My body's going, but at least my bags can look glamorous. Did you have to same experience with your flap?

My flap never opens. . . plus there's the little snap flap inside as well.

Anything from this line is a perfect median IMO.

It's Chanel so naturally a classic, but some of the colors are edgy and the woven metal chain is SO edgy! I LOVE this Chanel line!
IMO, any of this line can be worn w/ jeans or dress, it's perfection!

The flap has the magnetic snap to keep it closed and secure and with the flap over the top, everything stays put. I have the opposite problem with the bowler because I never zip my bags... so all my stuff would go flying out of that bag instead! The flap reminds me of my Paddington bags. I can keep the Paddys completely unziipped and just flip the top with the padlock back and forth.

I'll have to go back to Saks and look. I earned $450 anyway on one of their points day. My SA is going to kill me. Good thing we get along! I probably owe him lunch by now. Living in Pittsburgh has really killed my sense of fashion. I do like them both. Maybe I can decide on one of the luxes for everyday and get a small classic for evening.