Chanel lucky charms bag...

Skylover

O.G.
May 26, 2013
hi all,

I am actually looking for a reissue bag in baby pink... happen to chance upon the Chanel luck charm bag and was really fascinated by it... however, the price point is pulling me back.. shld I go and get it? Would i miss it when it's gone? My local boutique has no stock currently but i will be gg overseas next week and intend to try my luck there.. I need ur opinions..especially those who bought it, do u have any regrets? SHLD I GET IT???

Also, for those who bought it,

1. Is it heavy?
2. Is the chain long enough for across body? I am 165cm
3. Will the charms tarnish with time?

Many thanks for your valuable thoughts!!! I need it to make this decision before my trip next week! Thannnksss!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8433.PNG
    IMG_8433.PNG
    195.3 KB · Views: 2,622
Hi skylover!

I'm a jolly owner of the 224 lucky charm bag. Just got it last month :biggrin:. I LOVE IT. It's SO fun. Years later, these kinda limited edition pieces make my heart sing more.

1. Not heavy for me
2. Yepppp a great cross body
3. It's already "tarnished" aka Aged gold hw. (What I love bout the aged gold hw & the distressed leather is how they're so forgiving to misperfections)

My favorite part: the Lady Bug charm near the lock :heart::smile: (haven't seen it in previous versions)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 2,736
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 2,647
Hi skylover!

I'm a jolly owner of the 224 lucky charm bag. Just got it last month :biggrin:. I LOVE IT. It's SO fun. Years later, these kinda limited edition pieces make my heart sing more.

1. Not heavy for me
2. Yepppp a great cross body
3. It's already "tarnished" aka Aged gold hw. (What I love bout the aged gold hw & the distressed leather is how they're so forgiving to misperfections)

My favorite part: the Lady Bug charm near the lock :heart::smile: (haven't seen it in previous versions)

Wah! Thanks for the pics and reply! May I ask if the size is abt the size of the mini? Do u think the charms will look busy on a reissue 225? Cos I am also contemplating between a size 224 or 225...

Btw, is the interior in burgundy leather?

Many thanks!

I recently got one too, totally unexpected.
Went to Chanel to browse, got sidetracked by a lucky charms wallet on chain which was shown to another customer.
I immediately fell in love, but it was the last one and the other customer bought it.
Then my SA suddenly showed me the 224 lucky charms Reissue and I gasped. I was in looovvvveeee. Some of the charms have a special meaning to me, so for me it was a no brainer.
My first 224 size and I have no regrets.
I don't think it is heavy and yes, it works great cross body. I can wear it with single or double strap, cross body, or as a clutch with the chain tucked in.
I am about the same height as you.

For the Reissue, lucky charms comes in two sizes - 224 and 225.
Price difference between the two lucky charms sizes is about 2.2K here in Europe. Maybe something to keep in mind as well if the price is important to you.
225 will fit more, but personally I like the charms on the 224 better. I thought long about this because 225 size is more practical, but 225 lucky charms has a few charms that I don't really care about.
So I am very happy with my 224 size and will use the money I 'saved' towards another Reissue later this year :P.
224 won't fit much, but it's great for those days when I don't want to carry much with me.
Yes, the interior is burgundy.

Chanel did more lucky charms editions, but this one is definitely one of the versions I like most :yes:.

I wonder why the 224 repeats a charm instead of just adding another beautiful charm? The lady bug is gorgeous of course, but there are so many others that could have been used.

Wow! Thanks for the pic!!!! Can the 225 be worn cross body?

Yes. The length from the top of the chain to the bottom of the bag is the same on both bags. Which means the chain is a bit longer on the mini, but they land in the same place on your body. [emoji57]

I recently got one too, totally unexpected.
Went to Chanel to browse, got sidetracked by a lucky charms wallet on chain which was shown to another customer.
I immediately fell in love, but it was the last one and the other customer bought it.
Then my SA suddenly showed me the 224 lucky charms Reissue and I gasped. I was in looovvvveeee. Some of the charms have a special meaning to me, so for me it was a no brainer.
My first 224 size and I have no regrets.
I don't think it is heavy and yes, it works great cross body. I can wear it with single or double strap, cross body, or as a clutch with the chain tucked in.
I am about the same height as you.

For the Reissue, lucky charms comes in two sizes - 224 and 225.
Price difference between the two lucky charms sizes is about 2.2K here in Europe. Maybe something to keep in mind as well if the price is important to you.
225 will fit more, but personally I like the charms on the 224 better. I thought long about this because 225 size is more practical, but 225 lucky charms has a few charms that I don't really care about.
So I am very happy with my 224 size and will use the money I 'saved' towards another Reissue later this year :P.
224 won't fit much, but it's great for those days when I don't want to carry much with me.
Yes, the interior is burgundy.

Chanel did more lucky charms editions, but this one is definitely one of the versions I like most :yes:.

Thanks for the detail description! I was also captivated by the details and indeed it is a unique and special piece...i reallly lov to own one too and am thinking back and forth.... shld I or shld I not.. tough decision.....

Reactions: **Chanel**