Chanel loose thread help!!!

No but I brought him a vintage bag to ask if it had been redyed and it had not. He was able to tell me what I could do to fix a few things. It's possible a product was put on the leather of your bag that might have dried it, or it was stored improperly.

Have you thought about asking to return this bag or at least exchange it?

No but I brought him a vintage bag to ask if it had been redyed and it had not. He was able to tell me what I could do to fix a few things. It's possible a product was put on the leather of your bag that might have dried it, or it was stored improperly.

Have you thought about asking to return this bag or at least exchange it?

I just messaged them today but did not get a response yet. I told them about the loose threads and attached the same photos above so hopefully they will do something about it.

At this rate I might just have to return this bag if it is it not restorable to the shiny/ soft quilts /:

Thank you for responding by the way! :smile:

Hi, I bought this bag a month ago. Wore it for 2 weeks straight immediately and when storaging after the daily 2 weeks use, I noticed this loose thread during inspection. Looks to be an end thread. It's located on the bottom of my Gold Zip Away - I think that's the name.

Is this a big deal or normal for end threads? Is it really even an end thread? Is it worth complaining about and sending off to be fixed? Will it unravel more? I'm only bothered if it would unravel more and is not common. If it's an end thread, common, and won't unravel years to come, I would be ok with this bag.

Attachments

• IMG_4097.JPG
    IMG_4097.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_4099.JPG
    IMG_4099.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_4100.JPG
    IMG_4100.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_4102.JPG
    IMG_4102.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 525
If it bothers you, I would get it fixed. I had a similar loose thread on a 227 reissue and ended up bringing it back to Chanel. It was really quick for me, they fixed it within 2 weeks!

If it bothers you, I would get it fixed. I had a similar loose thread on a 227 reissue and ended up bringing it back to Chanel. It was really quick for me, they fixed it within 2 weeks!
It only bother me because I'm afraid it would continue to unravel...... but if that's not exactly the case, I would be ok with the bag. I think I will eventually take it in sometime before my one year warranty is up.

I noticed that one side of my jumbo flap that the stitch holding together the double flap is beginning to unravel. Will Chanel charge me for the re-stitching or would it be free of charge? I got the bag in 2016.

So I recently bought a jumbo flap and saw this loose thread on the back pocket. I got it from BG and worried that this will unravel. Am I being too paranoid? This bag ain't cheap and thought that it should be carefully inspected. It is still within the return window.

Attachments

• 8A914321-A702-4A66-9A7F-37FBFD65120A.jpeg
    8A914321-A702-4A66-9A7F-37FBFD65120A.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 240
I am in the same situation. Just received my Chanel 19 flap in tweed and near the CC closure on bottom it looked like loose material. Not a snag but loose threads. I loved the bag and tried it on but upon close inspection afterwards i saw it. I didn't notice it because I wasn't in good lighting and when I did I was worried because if i do keep it, how would it hold up in the future. I decided to take it back. The SA i worked with stated that he inspected it before shipping but I believe that everyone's perception is different and what he or she may not see at the time, someone else will. GL.