Chanel loose thread help!!!

Hi ladies!
I bought my m/l flap last spring and isn't even a year old and I found that it has a loose thread inside the front pocket. I bought this bag at Neiman Marcus. What should I do about it? Call NM and find out? Go to the Chanel store? Should I be worried? I may sell this in the future but not sure how this affects the selling price. Any input would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• Pocket 2.jpg
    Pocket 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 906
  • Pocket.jpg
    Pocket.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 831
You can take it in to NM and have them fix this, or you can take it in to Chanel. Most who buy from department stores take it back to those same dept. stores for repair.

You can take it in to NM and have them fix this, or you can take it in to Chanel. Most who buy from department stores take it back to those same dept. stores for repair.

Thank you tutushopper! You are always such a great resource of info. I will contact the SA that sold it to me. You know this bag is so lovely so I feel a little bit sad about this. But hoping it can be repaired.

To me, it almost looks like glue residue possibly. Are you 100% certain it's a loose thread? It could hopefully be an easy fix!!

Definitely looks like glue to me. If you can get an eyeglass and a sharp tweezer, this will peel right off with no residual mark. Annoying at the price but very easily fixed :smile:

OMG! It's glue residue! Armed with the light of my cell phone, magnifier glass, lots of patience, Q-tips with just a tidy bit of water, I have been able to remove it almost completely. I stopped after 30 minutes but will continue tomorrow and post pictures. A labor of love for sure :smile:

Hi ladies!
I bought my m/l flap last spring and isn't even a year old and I found that it has a loose thread inside the front pocket. I bought this bag at Neiman Marcus. What should I do about it? Call NM and find out? Go to the Chanel store? Should I be worried? I may sell this in the future but not sure how this affects the selling price. Any input would be really appreciated.

Don't be sad dear. It seems like it's getting harder to find perfect Chanel bags in stores without flaw. It happened to me 2 times already when I bought new bags & having to exchange to something else because of poor quality on new bags. I love Chanel but I dislike poor quality on brand new bags that seems to happen quite often these days.

Don't worry too much! Indeed, the quality of the bags has been inconsistent in recent years. I just got a brand new jumbo caviar from the boutique, and one of the stitching on the back of the bag is loose. It doesn't affect using, but still I went back for a exchange. I'm sure your bag will be fine! If you take to Chanel boutique with authenticity card and receipt, they'll be happy to fix it for you! It doesn't really matter if you got it from dept store or boutique.

I just received my red patent mini flap and was so excited!!! There are wrinkles but it's not the end of the world since I've noticed tons of chevrons with wrinkles this season. My concern is this loose thread. What do you guys think? Is it ok? Will it get worse with wear? It's only on one side. The other side looks fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 396
Looks like she's going back. My SA said she'll get me another one. Posting a pic since she's so pretty! Hope this color shows well in case others are interested in the red chevron.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 372