Chanel long wallet owners - HELP!

foxgal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
Hello all! I’m considering getting a Chanel long wallet. Not sure of style and will be preloved, but I’m basically wanting one of the gusseted flap styles with two side compartments and a zip pocket in the middle like this:

35ED02D0-C1C2-4A58-B0A0-F2F7B9F047C2.jpeg

On occasion, I’m going to want to use it with a crossbody strap. Before anyone tells me to save for a WOC…I really do need a full wallet first and foremost, and could just occasionally want to add a chain on the rare occasion I only need to carry cards and phone (I have a iPhone 12 mini that should fit no problem).

I’ve found this system on Etsy that I think seems the most inobstrusive and practical. It’s designed to work with LV Sarahs where the zipped compartment is NOT attached to the bottom. Are most Chanel long gusseted wallets like this also, with the zip part not attached to the bottom? See below:

1E4D9774-063C-4424-9497-8E484A354980.jpeg

9186C530-6F9A-4D9C-B141-E1035B488427.jpeg

TIA and let me know if you have any other tips/suggestions!

Hi, I have the classic long wallet and I checked, there is an opening at the bottom of the zip pocket. I pushed my fingers down the side and it is quite a snug opening but I can see the tip of my fingers at the bottom. Hope this helps.

Reactions: foxgal
Do you ever find the long wallet to be too big? Do you ever use it as a clutch? I love the long wallet but can’t decide whether I would find it cumbersome to use due to the size. How are you liking yours?

Do you ever find the long wallet to be too big? Do you ever use it as a clutch? I love the long wallet but can’t decide whether I would find it cumbersome to use due to the size. How are you liking yours?

Ive had it for 1.5 years and I do really love it. It is the perfect gorgeous mini version of the classic flap bag I feel and it has all the pockets I desire! I have never had an opportunity to use it as a clutch although it definitely can deserve that purpose. :biggrin:

When I was deciding on the wallet, they had the short wallet in two different styles I believe but I just did not like the compartments. I’ve been a long wallet for maybe 15 years (previous a long Coach wallet, then long Prada wallet) so naturally gravitated towards it. Only downside I’d say is that I stubbornly use it when I use my medium classic flap as well (because I hate switching wallets!) and so it takes up all the room. :P

Reactions: Miarta