Chanel London vs Chanel Italy/Spain

Jan 10, 2011
Am hoping that some one can help me out. Heading to London next weekend with hubby and will most likely pick out my Valentine's day while we are there. Am eying some Chanel costume jewelry so I like to find out if prices in Chanel London are on par with prices in Italy/Spain? We are currently based in Spain and make frequent trips to Italy so prices are considerably lower, I will just wait it out. Thanks for your input!

Not sure if I understood well, are Chanel prices in Italy lower than in Spain? I would think they would be about the same in both countries.

I don't know about Chanel, but with the British pound so strong, I find almost everything more expensive in England than in other European countries. Have fun in London!

Not sure if I understood well, are Chanel prices in Italy lower than in Spain? I would think they would be about the same in both countries.

I don't know about Chanel, but with the British pound so strong, I find almost everything more expensive in England than in other European countries. Have fun in London!

Depending on what currency you're comparing it too of course, the £ is actually very low up against some currencies right now!

I just bought a Reissue 226 two weeks ago and when I checked my bank statement, I was pleasantly surprised ;)

OP, have fun in London. I hope you will find the Chanel you're looking for.

Last edited:
Depending on what currency you're comparing it too of course, the £ is actually very low right now!

Is that right? Those are great news for the ones planning to shop in London soon. In one of my last trips there, the exchange rate in the airport was about 2US dollars to 1 pound. I know, airports are not the best places for currency exchange, but they are convenient.

Is that right? Those are great news for the ones planning to shop in London soon. In one of my last trips there, the exchange rate in the airport was about 2US dollars to 1 pound. I know, airports are not the best places for currency exchange, but they are convenient.

Well, the $ might just be the exception but I honestly don't know.
The $ is also very low up against European currencies and the Euro right now.

I agree, but the vat refund is more 10% of your purchase. I once got 14.7% back.

In general the Euro area (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, etc) should be cheaper, but it depends on the exchange rate. The pound had lost quite some value this week and euro gained value...