Chanel London Haul and My Shopping Experience

Aww thank you so much! Be warned it's a slippery slope...... I have said many brooches back enough is enough but can't stop...:smile:

Ahhhhhhhh....that’s the sound of me slipping down the slope! :grin:

But I’m such a newbie I didn’t even try the pin when I bought it! Read about the possible clasp problems on the Chanel brooches forum and went to check mine! Luckily it was fine. [emoji15]

Congrats on your amazing purchases they are stunning !
Just came back from London myself today had a great time there,
Hope you enjoy your time there and you enjoy wearing your new chanel purchases xx

Reactions: eckw
It was wonderful reading your story. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your purchases!
I got my last boy bag in Harrods and I wasn't aware of the 5th floor shop. Thanks for that tip. I'll have to take a look there next time I'm in London. I also didn't know they have a 1 bag per passport rule. I wonder how recent that policy went into effect. I had no idea --I live in the US so that could potentially impact me.

Congrats on your new Chanels! Thanks for sharing your story with us!

Lucky girl. Looks like you had a blast in London. Love your purchases

Ha ha- you are on a roll now...:smile: let’s see some modelling shots and don’t forget to visit some London places to test drive your Chanel...

Thanks for reading and letting me share my excitement! I don’t really have anyone IRL that share my love for Chanel so it’s great to be able to talk about it here! [emoji4]

Reactions: Zucnarf
It was wonderful reading your story. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your purchases!
I got my last boy bag in Harrods and I wasn't aware of the 5th floor shop. Thanks for that tip. I'll have to take a look there next time I'm in London. I also didn't know they have a 1 bag per passport rule. I wonder how recent that policy went into effect. I had no idea --I live in the US so that could potentially impact me.

Aww you’re sweet, thanks for the kind words! [emoji4]

It’s my first time buying Chanel in London so not sure how rigid this rule really is. Oh well, I guess it’s good for my wallet that this rule exists since I clearly have no self control. [emoji15]

Reactions: PinkTulip
You did quite well! Your bags are beautiful and so timeless. I’m sure you’ll enjoy them for many years to come, and even more perhaps because of how you acquired them. How sweet of your husband to get the Coco. The one you got is so chic and elegant! Enjoy!

Do you live in London? I was told the bag limit is because of the VAT refund. Is it because you don’t need VAT back then it doesn’t apply to you??
I live in the UK but don't think I was asked (and as I said, heavy foreign accent). They made it clear that I exceeded the bag limit but they will agree my extra purchase with a manager. Might be the bags weren't selling well or I bought particular one that they wanted out (silver mini) :smile:

So Day 1 (I landed really early!) and in the afternoon, I managed to get some alone-time to go shopping. Headed straight to the Chanel boutique on Sloane St (as it was closest to my hotel)

I was served by a really friendly SA called Dion. I told him I was interested in rectangular mini flaps and small (they call it med size in the UK) quilted Coco Handle, preferably black. He said they had one black coco that just sold that morning but can check in back for stock. At first they said no rectangular quilted flaps, just chevron ones but then he came back with their last rectangular mini as well as blue and beige Coco. I also saw a gorgeous green Coco.

It seems UK does enforce the one passport every 2 months rule but he offered to set aside the second bag for me if I wanted to use my husband’s passport but at that point, I didn’t want to involve the husband yet so I passed.

I also looked at accessories - belts and brooches - and maybe it’s a holiday thing but I ended up getting my first non-bag Chanel purchase!

So this is what I came home with on the first day. [emoji4]

View attachment 4027901

View attachment 4027902

View attachment 4027903
Beautiful Chanels and great haul @eckw !!! Congratulation!! :congrats: :drinks:Thank you for sharing your experience! :smile::heart: