Chanel logo color not matching hardware?

2v2hunters

Feb 24, 2019
So this just happened. I was pondering an item on eBay, a Chanel chain tote, from a very reputable seller. Then I noticed the Chanel logo inside the bag is silver, but the hardware on the bag is gold. I've always thought the two colors are supposed to match, so I messaged the seller for an explanation. I did this very cordially. Come to find out (I tried to bid on another item of his), I was immediately blocked after asking the question. I was super bummed because I actually loved this seller's store.

So I continued browsing eBay, I found another similar chain tote, and to my shock, the logo is again silver and the hardware is again gold. Now I feel like an idiot on top of complete disappointment.

So is the logo color supposed to match the hardware? Is this a general rule that has exceptions? Appreciate any input.

kemilia

the boonies of illinois
O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
A seller should not block you just for asking a question. That's a red flag, imo--imagine what their reaction would be if something bad happened with a sale--a lost item, a snad, etc. Keep on looking, you will find the right bag & seller for you.

Reactions: plue89

plue89

Sep 17, 2014
A seller should not block you just for asking a question. That's a red flag, imo--imagine what their reaction would be if something bad happened with a sale--a lost item, a snad, etc. Keep on looking, you will find the right bag & seller for you.
This!! If there isn’t anything wrong it doesn’t make sense that they just block you for asking a question. I used to feel bad asking for lots of pictures for authentication purposes and because authenticators generally need a lot of specific shots I often have to go back and forth with the seller a few times to get the right ones. If there was nothing to hide they would not hesitate helping. Once I also asked a seller why the internal lining of a bag is different from the usual ones, she immediately told me the bag is now sold. Like 2 minutes ago she was still telling me about the bag lol it was so suspicious

revangelina

My Playground IG: @mytoyischanel
Jan 27, 2015
Sellers stop responding to my inquiries. That’s a telltale sign they are NOT interested to sell.

But twice it was actually a silver lining! After messages exchanged, they just stopped responding. A second time, bag suddenly sold.

Several months later... their accounts were blocked :shocked: (2 separate incidents, 2 diff platforms)... I’m actually soso grateful to those fraudsters for “letting me off the hook” :flowers: