Chanel less flashy than Louis Vuitton... think so?

I think all people think about when they think about Chanel (non purse lovers) is the Cambon line. For the most part that's what people look for when looking for fakes. There are like 5 or 6 girls at my job carrying around those tacky fake pieces.

I think that most of the Chanel pieces are subtle. Way more subtle than mono LV.

unless you're talking about cambon, then yes. but there's a certain charm to really old beaten up lv monogram canvas, and it's not as flashy looking as well.. a new monogram canvas bag :lol: not to mention multicolore, fringe etc.

Vernis can be rather nice too. Having said that, I'm not sure if I'm losing my marbles or what but I kinda think that the Groom limited ed is kinda cute :shame:

Definitely prefer CHanel, no offence to LV lovers though..in fact I have yet to buy an LV piece...I do like the EPI collection though!
I do agree that I don't like the Cambon line from Chanel but love its other designs...even DH thinks Chanel is nicer..

A Chanel boutique manager told me yesterday that the Cambon line is the most knocked off - and IMO it is the least attractive and much too "in your face"

So does this mean that the most copied designs are the most "in your face" designs ?
I'm thinking Cambon for Chanel and monogram and Multicolor for LV. Funny enough people buying fakes want "fake in your face".
On the question posted I also think that Chanel might be less flashy than Vuitton in general (less choice with LV if you want to avoid the logos), but more pricey.

I suppose Louis Vuitton is more consipicous, especially in regards to the monogram lines, however I really think it depends on the audience.

To me, Chanel is just as noticible, even without logos. The quilting, the turnlocks, and the metal chains are just so iconic. Anyone who knows fashion immediately identifies these as "Chanel." Regarding knockoffs, although the trademark may not be copied as much as the letters L and V, the Chanel characteristics are - I see way more quilted bags at Payless than I see multicolored logo bags, for example.

So I think Louis Vuitton is more flashy to people who are indifferent about fashion, but for me I pay a lot more attention when I see a nice Chanel than when I see an LV.

hmm, come to think of it, when I walk around china, I do see alot of cambons, which is probably why I dislike cambons, but I don't believe I've ever seen a fake 2.55 or classic :smile:

I did see a fake pink metallic bowler? luxe? don't know what it's called, but it was pretty nice.. didn't look like a fake to me either

A Chanel boutique manager told me yesterday that the Cambon line is the most knocked off - and IMO it is the least attractive and much too "in your face"

I'd agree with that - people who wear fakes want things with tons of logos on them! And I agree that it's Chanel's most unattractive line!

Totally with Seahorse - Cambon definitely gives LV mono and MC a run for its money, but overall, Chanel is much more discreet IMHO.