Chanel Large Classic Flap

tinglin

Dec 15, 2009
Hi All!

I was wondering if any of you have managed to successfully sell your Chanel bags online for a good price?

I have a large classic flap Chanel bag which I would like to sell as I want to get the jumbo one instead. My dilemma is that this bag is brand spanking new and I don't really want to sell it at a significantly marked down price. Perhaps $100-200 less than retail value.

Any suggestions you girls can give me would be great!

Thanks!

n00bkitty

O.G.
May 31, 2009
Toronto, Canada
You can look into selling it on consignment. But it will be hard for you to sell it with only $100-$200 less than retail value in my option. If you think about it from the buyers point of view, they have already saved up for a while for the Chanel bag so what is another $100-$200 to get it brand new in the store and get the full experience.

Aug 31, 2009
Wherever there's shopping!
I've sold 2 Chanel bags (a GST and a bowler bag), online with great success. A classic flap in "brand spanking new" condition, with tags and card shouldn't have a problem selling and you won't have to significantly mark it down. However, if you go the consignment route (whether online or brick and mortar), you will have to part with at least 25% of your profit for the consignment fee.

Good luck with your sell!

floriade

Feb 22, 2009
Sydney
n00bkitty said:
You can look into selling it on consignment. But it will be hard for you to sell it with only $100-$200 less than retail value in my option. If you think about it from the buyers point of view, they have already saved up for a while for the Chanel bag so what is another $100-$200 to get it brand new in the store and get the full experience.
I agree with n00bkitty!
From buyers point of view no point getting it from eBay or bonanza for only 100-200 off, they better off go to the boutique and build a relationship with the SA
I sold my maxi caviar in a brand new condition and I lost almost 25% of retail price and I consider it to be a pretty good outcome since I myself won't buy anything off eBay if the savings is not at least 20% off retail price
But again you could be lucky and meet a buyer that is willing to pay $100-$200 off retail so no harm trying listing it on eBay

katie08

Nov 11, 2011
I agree with n00bkitty!
From buyers point of view no point getting it from eBay or bonanza for only 100-200 off, they better off go to the boutique and build a relationship with the SA
I sold my maxi caviar in a brand new condition and I lost almost 25% of retail price and I consider it to be a pretty good outcome since I myself won't buy anything off eBay if the savings is not at least 20% off retail price
But again you could be lucky and meet a buyer that is willing to pay $100-$200 off retail so no harm trying listing it on eBay
Even if you sell it on Ebay, I think the commissions now is 9% flat on the total $. But you only have to pay for it when it is sold. They don't charge for listing anymore.

By the way, may I ask is your a Caviar or lamb? Silver or GHW? and what color?