Chanel Lambskin Maxi Double Flap

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    I am interested in purchasing this bag for $2,800 (from 2012) and sending to leather surgeon for the spa treatment. It is listed as “very good condition”, comes with dust bag only. This will be my entry into Chanel (and first preloved handbag) and and I am not interested in any handbag smaller than a jumbo/maxi. Is $2,800 a fair price? I would really appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Hi!
    What exactly are you asking? :smile:

3. I am sorry, Is $2,800 a fair price? Thank you, I just edited my post.

4. I think thats a crazy good Price.
    2800 Dollar is amazing. cant believe that haha
    in europe you will not find any Chanel Jumbo for that Price and they are less pricey than in the US at all.

5. Thank you. I just pulled the trigger. I will post actual pics when it arrives tomorrow.

gettinpurseonal and minababe like this.
  6. Well the handbag arrived. I am more than satisfied with the Very Good condition listed on Fashionphile. The interior is in excellent condition. The exterior needs a little sprucing up but honestly I could carry now as no one could really see the imperfections unless they were examining up close. I am sending off to Leather Surgeons tomorrow. I will post some pics when the handbag is returned. For now here are a few pics after the unboxing.

Attached Files:

7. AMAZING!
    she Looks perfect. such a good deal. congrats on this Beauty you are a very lucky Lady :nuts::flowers:

fcmilliner2031 likes this.
  8. You did good with this beauty! Congrats and enjoy!!

9. Congrats! It's my favorite Chanel style!

10. Thank you! Can’t wait to see the results from the spa treatment and reshaping.

11. It’s so pretty! Enjoy her!

12. So as promised, I am posting pics of my Maxi after spa service and reshaping from the Leather Surgeons. They did a fantastic job! They also replaced the hardware. I was hoping to have the top flap more rounded but was informed that they didn’t want to compromise the natural condition of the bag so their judgment call when reshaping. The back pocket had stretched just a tiny bit, not much to complain about it. It is now as if it was never used. I am 100% satisfied with the outcome. Can’t believe this is the same handbag. Oh and it took them 2 days to do the work. I was totally shocked that I received the bag one week after they received it.

Attached Files:

Metalblond, vink, OCMomof3 and 8 others like this.
  13. it looks like a brand new one. I just sent my vintage Chanel purse to Leather Surgeons as well. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Mine is in a very bad condition

14. It's beautiful, and it does look like a brand new bag! Do you mind sharing the spa service cost? Thanks!

15. Thank you. I'm excited for you to see the results.

Thank you. Total cost for reshaping, spa treatment and hardware replating was $365.

tarheelap likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice