Chanel Lambskin - how do I clean it/care for it?

Hi everyone,
I just purchased this supposedly new lambskin cardholder from a seller on Depop. When I received it, i noticed the top corners were discoloured/dirty.
Does anyone know what would work best to clean it?

Attachments

• 6C0A0728-04DE-41B9-8F4B-833A7149CCEA.png
    6C0A0728-04DE-41B9-8F4B-833A7149CCEA.png
    537.6 KB · Views: 86
  • F8C85CAE-AB3D-4524-8D22-7ACEF9BB7A27.png
    F8C85CAE-AB3D-4524-8D22-7ACEF9BB7A27.png
    639.1 KB · Views: 81
Thanks! Definitely something to think about, that’s why I only use beeswax based products as they are considered “natural oils” that won’t prevent the leather to breathe :smile:

Hi Carole, I just got a similar purse! What have you been using on it? And the Famaco red lotion, do you have the exact photo of it?
Did you try to condition your bag? If so what have you used?

Would anyone be able to advise on whether there is anything that can be done about very small white marks where the black has rubbed off on a vintage classic flap? For example using a product like Saphir Juvacuir to treat only the small areas? I don’t really want to get the whole item restored and will just embrace them as character marks if not!

466A2A8C-7ABE-4072-A3C7-034DFD70C1C7.png

I have used both the Cadillac conditioner as well as the Collonil spray on by bags. I use the conditioner on my black lambskins bags. I spray the waterproof spray on my lighter lambskin bags. I have not had issues with using either. I can totally understand the hesitation as these handbags are so expensive. I was weary at first too. I did test on a small area on the bottom of the bag before applying all over. Good luck! :smile:
Why don’t you use the cadillac conditioner on your lighter lambskin bags? And what did you use to apply the conditioner?

Hi, is your Cadillac condition the 1909 cream (green colour tube) or 1909 lotion (green colour bottle press pump) ?
This is actually the one I use. It works great. I’m on my 2nd bottle and have used this on all my black leather or darker colored bags and also started using it on the lighter color lambskin bags.

Attachments

• C80D536A-AE1D-4AD5-810B-F74859AE272F.jpeg
    C80D536A-AE1D-4AD5-810B-F74859AE272F.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 83
This is actually the one I use. It works great. I’m on my 2nd bottle and have used this on all my black leather or darker colored bags and also started using it on the lighter color lambskin bags.
+1 this! I was too scared to use it on my Chanel so I tested it on my YSL Kaia (soft caramel leather) and it looks great!!!

@atlsweetpea11 do you use it for your caviar also?

Reactions: sweetpea_2009
+1 this! I was too scared to use it on my Chanel so I tested it on my YSL Kaia (soft caramel leather) and it looks great!!!

@atlsweetpea11 do you use it for your caviar also?
I have not done anything to my caviar bags yet. I feel like they are workhorses and are so durable. I wouldn’t be opposed to using it on caviar (after testing on a small section on bottom first). This product does a great job nourishing the leather on lambskin and doesn’t leave a strong scent so I would suspect it would also make caviar bags look great.

• Thanks
Reactions: Fixxi
I have not done anything to my caviar bags yet. I feel like they are workhorses and are so durable. I wouldn’t be opposed to using it on caviar (after testing on a small section on bottom first). This product does a great job nourishing the leather on lambskin and doesn’t leave a strong scent so I would suspect it would also make caviar bags look great.
Thank you for your response! My jumbo is relatively new (1 yo) so it still looks very shiny, but I wasn't sure if I should pre-treat it!

Thank u! is this only a conditioner or also a cleaner? if not, which cleaner do you use for your light coloured lambskins ?
This particular product is listed as a formula that both cleans and conditions. This brand also offers a separate cleaner solution and a
water repellent & stain protector waterproofing spray. I have not used those other items but trust the Cadillac brand of products.

Reactions: cookie87
I have used Cadillac Select, Apple, and Bicks Conditioner on my Chanel bags as well as others (Dior, Celine, Valentino, Dior, Bottega, Fendi). I only use it when there is dirt, color transfer, or when the bags seem to be looking a little dry and thirsty. I just conditioned my 2014 black caviar bag jumbo (was never really that shiny to begin with :/ ); now it has its little sheen again, looks much more nourished. How often do you guys condition? I live in a sunny so cal where it is warmer yet dry, little humidity and keep half my bags on display in a glass cabinet and half in their dust bags in their box. Seems like some bags need to be conditioned more often.

Last edited: