Chanel Lambskin - how do I clean it/care for it?

+1 for Cadillac Select Premium Leather Conditioner. I’ve used it for several years and love it. Keeps my lambskin bags supple. Even SAs will tell you conflicting info. Ive heard both “it’s OK to use a conditioner” and “never use anything on your Chanel bags”.

Anyone know how to remove lotion stains from pebbled leather (not a Chanel bag)? It's a bag that was my first ever luxury bag purchase and I didn't know about lotion staining and leaving white marks on my black bag. It's been there for a few years now and I've left it untouched because I don't know how to clean the bag without further discoloration. Anyone have any tips on a cleaner for the white lotion marks?

Interesting, as I had tried it on a couple of my vintage lambskin bags and it worked....I'm guessing it might have something to do with the condition of the leather or how deep the scratch is (mine where light/faint scratches that you could see if the light catches the bag at an angle)

Reactions: Farkvam
Interesting, as I had tried it on a couple of my vintage lambskin bags and it worked....I'm guessing it might have something to do with the condition of the leather or how deep the scratch is (mine where light/faint scratches that you could see if the light catches the bag at an angle)
That is interesting... It was a rather deep scratch. I have tried it on a few places in my bag and it did work in other spots. Fortunately the mark is only somewhat noticeable in certain lighting. But this bag does have some fading already and it is quite vintage (probably almost 40 years old).
We're our own worst critics of our bags I think... I showed it to my husband and he said he could barely see it lol.

Reactions: Purselette
+1 for Cadillac Select Premium Leather Conditioner. I’ve used it for several years and love it. Keeps my lambskin bags supple. Even SAs will tell you conflicting info. Ive heard both “it’s OK to use a conditioner” and “never use anything on your Chanel bags”.
Would you recommend the conditioner only? Or conditioner and then a waterproof spray? I have both the Cadillac conditioner and the Collonil waterproof spray but have been to scared to apply either.

Would you recommend the conditioner only? Or conditioner and then a waterproof spray? I have both the Cadillac conditioner and the Collonil waterproof spray but have been to scared to apply either.
I have used both the Cadillac conditioner as well as the Collonil spray on by bags. I use the conditioner on my black lambskins bags. I spray the waterproof spray on my lighter lambskin bags. I have not had issues with using either. I can totally understand the hesitation as these handbags are so expensive. I was weary at first too. I did test on a small area on the bottom of the bag before applying all over. Good luck! :smile:

• Thanks
Reactions: Fixxi
I have used both the Cadillac conditioner as well as the Collonil spray on by bags. I use the conditioner on my black lambskins bags. I spray the waterproof spray on my lighter lambskin bags. I have not had issues with using either. I can totally understand the hesitation as these handbags are so expensive. I was weary at first too. I did test on a small area on the bottom of the bag before applying all over. Good luck! :smile:
Thank you so much!

Reactions: sweetpea_2009
Hey there,
My Chanel Timeless Flap Bag Medium/Large in Lamis from 2014. When I open the bag the leather gets these wrinkles. Is this normal or should I treat the leather with a moisturizer?

Thank you very much ☺️

Attachments

• D2B67A0F-F8D7-40A2-A537-4461DC009ECD.jpeg
    D2B67A0F-F8D7-40A2-A537-4461DC009ECD.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 46
Hello there,
My Chanel Timeless Flap Bag Medium/Large in Lambskin is from 2014. When I open the bag the leather gets these wrinkles. Is this normal or should I treat the leather with a moisturizer?

Thank you very much ☺️

Attachments

• 68B92D24-4F3A-4577-AA5F-8BDF04F58F92.jpeg
    68B92D24-4F3A-4577-AA5F-8BDF04F58F92.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 6
Hey there,
My Chanel Timeless Flap Bag Medium/Large in Lambskin is from 2014, when I open the bag the leather gets these wrinkles. Is this normal or should I treat the leather with a moisturizer?

Thank you very much ☺

F5060236-F001-47A0-9EF0-DCA68072F9CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: juju2016